Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Quick Ums Question About Starcraft

How do you unlock and lock UMS maps using the map editor? Thanks :)

You can't. You use your l33t sk33lz to find the perfect map unprotector. I won't give it to you.

On the other hand, maplantis had the perfect map unprotector, and it died.

I'm pretty sure it's posted in VIP..

You can't. You use your l33t sk33lz to find the perfect map unprotector. I won't give it to you.

On the other hand, maplantis had the perfect map unprotector, and it died.

Okay, thanks for your feedback. I guess you dont have to help.

Well sorry, so many people rig so many maps that such tool shouldn't be left around just like that. Also, google the file.

Yeah, It's not exactly my favorite tool either..

I use it on occasion just so I have an idea of how someone did a certain trigger...

Personally I hate it and I don't think you need an unlocker. All people do with it is edit a map and put their name in it and steal the credit. Its happened to me a couple of times and it really pisses you off when it actually becomes kinda popular. So in my opinion you don't need an unlocker, but I think there is a map protector in the download section.

Actually it shouldn't be a map protector it should be a map with password protection that way it can be accessed later on by the author or authorized users.

Actually it shouldn't be a map protector it should be a map with password protection that way it can be accessed later on by the author or authorized users.

People will find a way to bypass the password.

They are putting that feature in starcraft 2 though.

People will find a way to bypass the password.

They are putting that feature in starcraft 2 though.

Tell that to Winrar I tried to find a password bypasser/cracker and I was unsuccessful after 3 hours of searching.

you're not VIP ^_^

I think he means he has tried to crack a WinRAR file that was password protected. I have even tried and failed to do that through debugging. WinRAR encrypts the shit out passwords.

As for unprotectors, and people saying they wanted only to know the triggers, they came out with a program called "Trigger Viewer" that did just that. You could see ALL of the triggers AND Comments in the map without the ability to edit the map Whatsoever. It came out and people still wanted "more" aka an unprotector. So the whole "I only want it for triggers" is Bullshit in my opinion unless the Trigger Viewer program was an unknown program to you. (and others that say they want to unprotect for the triggers)

As for a "Locker" or "protector" use uberation to "protect" the map. (which can be obviously unprotected with the right tool(s))

All I'm going to say if you want to unprotect a map, hope they didn't use uberation, dl a hex editor and get to work and learn.

I think he means he has tried to crack a WinRAR file that was password protected. I have even tried and failed to do that through debugging. WinRAR encrypts the shit out passwords.

As for unprotectors, and people saying they wanted only to know the triggers, they came out with a program called "Trigger Viewer" that did just that. You could see ALL of the triggers AND Comments in the map without the ability to edit the map Whatsoever. It came out and people still wanted "more" aka an unprotector. So the whole "I only want it for triggers" is Bullshit in my opinion unless the Trigger Viewer program was an unknown program to you. (and others that say they want to unprotect for the triggers)

As for a "Locker" or "protector" use uberation to "protect" the map. (which can be obviously unprotected with the right tool(s))

All I'm going to say if you want to unprotect a map, hope they didn't use uberation, dl a hex editor and get to work and learn.

Really?*wonders if Azu is going to go nuts on him now* I never knew of that program, any links?

Wow no wonder everyone is soo into unprotecting. The program has virtually vanished off all the sites I knew it to be on. With some effort on my part however I was able to retrieve a copy of it. When it gets approved you can get it at this Topic: Trigger Viewer 2

:drinks:

Where do i download Hex Editor?

Or Where can i get a editor that lets me place units anywhere i want ?

Here for Starforge (a Map Editor)

And Here to find a hex editor

Wow no wonder everyone is soo into unprotecting. The program has virtually vanished off all the sites I knew it to be on. With some effort on my part however I was able to retrieve a copy of it. When it gets approved you can get it at this Topic: Trigger Viewer 2

:drinks:

Now you understand why. 8)

I don't understand why it has been swept under as much as it has...I suppose it's because people realized maps COULD be unprotected...thus figured it was a useless fight...and just gave up on it. What they don't realize is by doing that however, any newbies (no offence) that get into map making will completely skip over the CHANCE of being Satisfied with just the Trigger Viewer and will then go on to attempt to unprotect the maps, which just leads to the spreading of map-unprotector(s) and unprotected map users.

Anyways, enjoy the program, when possible try to spread it. >_<

I unprotected maps only for the triggers. Am I an abomination now?

Also, there was a time when I unprotected a map, fixed a few bugs and released it with "Made by Radeath - Fixes by Dark" so people didn't get glitches like they couldn't use any skills or they got stuck and shit like that. ^^ But I think that's a good reason to have an unprotector. I don't steal maps. >.<

Also, you're wrong. I think about OSMAP 1.00 can unprotect Uberation 2.0.0.9 while Special Protector can be unprotected only by UU2 1.4b or higher, and Shadow Protector crashes out OSMAP1.

I never said there weren't people that would properly use an unprotector, but there are A Lot that won't.

I've been in and out of the mapping community for quite a while and as for the "Special Protector" along with "Shadow Protector" as far as I know, they were never widely distributed, or even talked about for that matter. And exactly how am I wrong...I never said anything about a particular unprotector. Maps could be unprotected Long before OSMAP came out. (by the way good job on saying it's name in a public forum Smartone, that was really intelligent) I don't know how long you have been around, but there was a time when "protecting" a map was done by simply changing the HYD string within the chk into XYD. The unprotector would simply extract the chk and reverse that byte. :P

Lol fail. These actually mess up the terrain somehow and the other one causes such a CHK Corruption that makes only Storm.dll be able to open it, only. Though this was soon used up as the unprotection method itself.

That's great and dandy but it doesn't change the fact that they can still be unprotected.(as you did say)

ANYWAYS for the maps that don't need any tweaking and are only sought after to know how they were made, Trigger Viewer works in not so much of an intrusive way.

Of course the unprotection programs are quite... well, the first one is not really trustable and the second is korean and with the death of Maplantis it cannot be acquired.

You can still get to maplantis via staredit.net