Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Proxify Any Application -total Anonymity

Get Tor from here.

You can buy Proxifier from here or you can get it on your own.

This guide was NOT written by me. It can be used to put Starcraft, Diablo, or any application behind a proxy and hide you identity. Although there will be significantly more network lag.

This is a short writeup on how to anonymise your intertubes with tor

first and most important, even if it is CP (CopyPasta not 34)

Warning: Want Tor to really work?

...then please don't just install it and go on. You need to change some of your habits, and reconfigure your software!

- Tor by itself is NOT all you need to maintain your anonymity. There are several major pitfalls to watch out for:

* 1. Tor only protects Internet applications that are configured to send their traffic through Tor

— it doesn't magically anonymize all your traffic just because you install it. We recommend you use Firefox with the Torbutton extension.

* 2. Browser plugins such as Java, Flash, ActiveX, RealPlayer, Quicktime, Adobe's PDF plugin, and

- others can be manipulated into revealing your IP address. You should probably uninstall your plugins

- (go to "about:plugins" to see what is installed), or investigate QuickJava, FlashBlock, and NoScript if

- you really need them. Consider removing extensions that look up more information about the websites you type

- in (like Google toolbar), as they may bypass Tor and/or broadcast sensitive information. Some people prefer

- using two browsers (one for Tor, one for unsafe browsing).

* 3. Beware of cookies: if you ever browse without Tor and Privoxy and a site gives you a cookie, that cookie

- could identify you even when you start using Tor again. You should clear your cookies frequently.

- CookieCuller can help protect any cookies you do not want to lose.

* 4. Tor anonymizes the origin of your traffic, and it encrypts everything inside the Tor network, but it can't

- encrypt your traffic between the Tor network and its final destination. If you are communicating sensitive information,

- you should use as much care as you would on the normal scary Internet — use HTTPS or other end-to-end encryption and authentication.

* 5. While Tor blocks attackers on your local network from discovering or influencing your destination,

- it opens new risks: malicious or misconfigured Tor exit nodes can send you the wrong page,

- or even send you embedded Java applets disguised as domains you trust.

/CP

The good thing is while tor is INTENDED to anonymise general internet surfing, it can me made to anonymise all/some traffic with some effort.

First and foremost, download tor here,

http://www.torproject.org/dist/vidalia-bundles/vidalia-bundle-0.1.2.18a-0.0.14.exe

Install the whole package, and run tor INDEPENDENTLY of the vidala bundle

START>Programs>Vidala bundle>tor>tor.exe

you SHOULD have a window resembling this

tor.jpg

This means that the tor client is running, YOU ARE NOT ANONYMOUS YET!

ok so you have a working tor client, now what?

when you search for tor you will find plugins, but these things are application sensitive, ie tor plugins for firefox, and whatnot

What you want is to torrify specific applications that you specify, ever seen a tor plugin for lindens SL client? didnt think so!

So you want proxifier, a purely epic win product that will torrify any software you specify, get a 31 day trial here.

http://www.proxifier.com/distr/ProxifierSetup.exe

install it normally, and set these settings to it

Options>Proxy settings.

hit the add button and add these settings.

server address= localhost

Port = 9050

Protocol= socks 5

It should look like this

PROXIFIER.jpg

So now you have the tor client installed, and proxifier configured to tors default settings, you think your ready to hax the planet? enjoy your V&!

While tor is running and proxifier will torrify any application you specify, we havnt specified any applications yet!

ok, so now you should have the tor client running and proxifier configured to your local tor clients settings, time to torrify some applications

For simplicitys sake im going to torrify ie here, but this applys to any program, remember though, that its specific to the app you configure.

ie torrifying internet explorer will torrify internet explorer and thats it.

If you torrify ie, and go to a site that inits flash, it will show your ip because flash is a seperate program to ie and is being executed

independantly to ie.

Know your target first, then configure your torrification rules appropriatly.

if it calls flash, then proxify both ie and flash.

Heres some pics

IE before torrification

ieb4torrification.jpg

Proxifier rules being written for IE

OPTIONS>PROXIFICATION RULES

then ADD>name rule>ADD>APPLICATIONEXECUTABLE

proxifyingie.jpg

NAO ITS TIME TO START THE SERIOUS BUSINESS MACHINE!

Close ALL things thats going to be used, in this example TOR PROXIFIER AND IE.

Start tor and when it is running like so

tor.jpg

Good, now MINIMISE TOR, and start PROXIFIER

idleproxifier.jpg

OH look, tor and proxifier working hand in hand to torrify ie!

torandproxifier.jpg

Proxifier and tor is now running, so lets fire up IE and go to

www.whatismyipaddress.com

The results?

torandproxifiertorrifyingie.jpg

HAHAHA, i am anonymous!, give me over 9000 internets or else, LULZ

But seriously, you ARE anonymous now, unless you hax the CIA or something, then expect to see this up your driveway

PartyVan.jpg

Happy haxin, and remember, "Ive had seven different passwords, and they have got them all."

This informative guide was brought to you by Miseryland

so this can be used for two people to play starcraft behind same router?

That's a good question. I honestly don't know but I generally wouldn't use this to play any games online (except maybe Runescape) because of how much latency there would be.

The issue is not having two people connecting to battle.net behind the same router, but the issue is the latency with two people connecting to battle net. It just purely will not work. There is no further explanation. It's because the internet is not fast enough (latency wise) to maintain two computers at the same time.

Proslasher, battle.net can maintain two computers fine, it's just when they try to play in the same game that it messes up.

I attempted this and it gave me the 'net is too poor or UDP packets on 6112 port not being sent' thing. Basically meaning i Couldn't join or make games. There's too much lag.

Thats awesome. I'm gonna use that with my hacks in Broodwar.

The issue is not having two people connecting to battle.net behind the same router, but the issue is the latency with two people connecting to battle net. It just purely will not work. There is no further explanation. It's because the internet is not fast enough (latency wise) to maintain two computers at the same time.

I don't believe that is the issue. IIRC it is because the port starcraft uses is assigned to a ip address. So when computer A signs in, then computer B signs in, it forwards all SC info to computer B. It is a similar problem some people have when trying to get two Xboxes on Xbox live at the same time.

I actually don't know much about this and may be wrong, but I'm certain it isn't because starcraft takes up too much bandwidth.

Lag is only created if both players are in the same game (assuming you already set it up so one comp uses a different port than the other). The reason is that when the data gets sent to all the players in the game both comps are trying to receive it and one ends up not getting the data. If your router has NAT support this can fix it but if there's no NAT support for your router you can't fix it without a VPN or perhaps this. Too bad SC isn't like wc3 with built in NAT support so your router doesn't even need to support it.

I might try this out sometime and see if it will work

I've played Bnet with 2 computers in my house on broodwar and it worked just fine, we even played different games online.

I've played Bnet with 2 computers in my house on broodwar and it worked just fine, we even played different games online.

the problem only happens if both of you are in the same game and other people are there too.

In order for this to fully work you would need a private SOCK4 or better yet SOCK5 proxy located somewhere near to you. Otherwise you will not be able to join//make games(I did this when I got IP'd a while ago).