Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

New Ds Coming Out

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6143136.html i want to get it since i havent gotten a ds yet.

edit: btw, it comes out june 11th for $130. only releases in the color white though. unclear when other colors come out for the US or europe.

Edited by Poply

er, yes it can. noob. they never said it couldnt. but they never specified it could. but due that the gba is still coming out with games and fairly popular, it would be VERY stupid if it couldnt play gba games.

Edited by Poply

It would be stupid, but don't put it past nintendo to do that. They try and keep all their vehicles alive, so in order to still have people buying the GBA they might not include it with the DS

:D Now im going to have 2 DS's!! W00t! now when people come over I can be like. Here lets play you can have that one! haha

:woot:

I guess it's always cool to have two, then that way at least you can play against someone.

It would be stupid, but don't put it past nintendo to do that. They try and keep all their vehicles alive, so in order to still have people buying the GBA they might not include it with the DS

IF they didnt include a gba slot, gba game sells would go down due to ppl buying the ds not being able to play it.

dude my friend has 2 ds and 3 psp so when people come to his house he lets them play on one of em >.<

and poply u are not on my cool list no more cuz u called me N00b!

all i am saying guys is that I have been playing Nintendo products since 85, and to tell you the truth they do that all the time. Cross compatibility is not something that nintendo has done much of. THey will keep Gba sales up just by releasing games that only come out for that system. That is how they will keep the sales up, and aside from the fact that it has a lower price point, so parents will gravitate towards that also.

Nintendo is so weird with their marketing. I mean they are selling the micro for 99 dollars! Are you kidding? For 17 year old technology? I mean you can buy a gba for less than that and the graphics are better!

to t(x.x)o: i never knew i was on ur cool list =\ and idc

to jordan: 17 years old? u do relize there is a diffrence between gba and regular gb? and u also relize the game boy micro is an game boy ADVANCED? dont you? http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=020268

it clearly says "Platform: GBA"

hmm.. gba>gb

rev>LOTS OF GAMES(gc disks)

gc>can play gba games on tv (duz that count?)

they dont abaondon their games.

are u SERIOUSLY saying u think the lite will not have a gba slot? do u RELIZE how many ppl say it does, and how many ppl would be REALLY pist if it duznt?

I dont care >.< about ds lol i don't really like nintendo products except for some, most nintendo product out so far is childish to what i think.

Fun Games: super smash brothers, some mario games and others i cant think of

I dont care >.< about ds lol i don't really like nintendo products except for some, most nintendo product out so far is childish to what i think.

Fun Games: super smash brothers, some mario games and others i cant think of

SOOO many hard core gamers prefer nintendo to sony or microsoft in reality. u also seemed to use childish in a wrong place. childish to me refers to as a kid (spoiled) that wants something and bangs on everything to get it, or any means neseccary and in a bad way. nintendo isnt like that. they wont charge $600 for a game system (like sony for ps3, its a 'near' fact). if u dont care about nintendo, dont come into a ds topic and say it, or else ur justing asking for a flame. btw, nintendo is making biggest profits in the gaming industry (FACT).

i understand that they make profit, but not on their consoles they make it directly because the first gameboy was so popluar. For over ten years they were able to sell that thing in many forms. I don't dislike nintendo, I grew up with them. I just think that from a marketing perspective they have been lost in the wars for years. They usually dissapoint because of the fact that they have made promises for years that don't always come to be reality. The point I was trying to make is just because they "should" do something doesn't mean they will.

k, well it's already been confirmed that the ds lite will have a gba slot. and some games (like metroid pinball) use both the gba slot and the ds slot.

Edited by Poply

GBA series (Original, Sp, Micro) Combined made way more sells than any previous systems before it. So this proves, jordan is an idiot. And that proves what we already knew.

and how can you say that? I said before that they market different systems that run the same tech and have for years...and if you knew nintendo, then you would know that they have been making bad marketing decisions for years, the handheld market is the only thing that kept them alive for years, marketing the original gameboy in many different forms...the gameboy was the best selling system of all time

The GBA system was. Yet Nintendo was the only one that made profit on its console systems in 2003-2004.

SP>Lite>DS