Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Alienware Launch Cheaper Gaming Desktop

Alienware Launches Cheaper Gaming Desktops

Alienware , known for designing high-octane PCs, has just announced an update to its Aurora desktop line. With prices starting under an astonishing $1,000, these new rigs will feature quad-core AMD Phenom 9850 processors, and your choice of ATI Radeon 3870 X2, HD3850, or HD3870 graphics cards set up singly or in a dual CrossFire arrangement.

The powerful gaming systems are built around an AMD Spider/ASUS 790FX-based motherboard, and can be configured with up to 4GB of main system RAM and a vast 4TB of hard drive space—with drives ranging in speed from 7,200 to 10,000 rpm. Keep in mind that tricking your machine out to the limit will seriously raise the sticker price.

All Aurora systems will feature the traditional alien-head chassis. The case is fan-cooled by default, but can be upgraded to use a more efficient liquid-cooling system. The new Aurora Desktop is currently available for purchase directly from Alienware's Web site.

Source(s): http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2704,2283979,00.asp

I like home built PCs better.

But this is a good thing for the less avid computer users.

Dont get an Alienware, its not worth the money. I had an alienware and spent around 2000 to make it decent, and i had so many problems with it. Customer service is all spanish or something because you cant understand their accent. Funny thing is when you call to buy one, its a guy who knows how to speak english but when you need help with tech support its some guy who barely speaks english. Oh and the call waitings are 30-45 minutes. I just ended up buying a VAIO which has problems but a lot less then shitty alienware. I shouldve just built a custom PC but I have to have a laptop for class so i couldnt. :)

you are better off building your own custom PC for a lot cheaper and same/better results.

I don't know if it is true or not, but I heard that dell bought them out so now dell xps is better. Like I said though its only a rumor, no real evidence has been shown to me.

Dell gamin class is kinda sucky.

If you're getting a dell, get the business class.

It's way more powerful.

How is this 'cheap'? Seems like a ripoff to me..