Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Ghoztcraft Shoutbox Get's An Overhaul.

Hello everyone!

If you haven't already noticed, the shoutbox got a major overhaul today. Over the last few days I've been working on getting it setup for Ghoztcraft. It was created by InfernoTechnologies and this is what I was able to get in trade for the InfernoRPG. Remember, we had a vote with what to do with it, and we came to the conclusion that we should sell it and buy something else for the site. Well, here you go.

So, check out the shoutbox, try out the new features, it may take some getting used to, but I'm sure you'll love it and it will grow on you. It's still in BETA, so there ARE bugs and they will get fixed over the next few weeks. You can refer to this help topic for more information.

Please post any bugs here you find that haven't already been reported, thanks.

~XGhozt

Nice ghozt! Love the new Shoutbox! Thanks for buying something nice with it!

If you put the shoutbox back to VIP it would be fine. The new shout box is ok.

YOU BROUGHT BACK THE COLORS!!!!!!!!!!! YES I WAS WAITING FOR THIS TO HAPPEN!!! WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i like the new shoutbox but i agree it should be vip only so we can flame again... lol

i like the new shoutbox but i agree it should be vip only so we can flame again... lol

VIP for shoutbox again would be nice =]

WE WANNA FLAME AGAIN!!! =D

I don't think that would be nice....

I dont really like it as much...

colors are nice, but so far, the text seems to small, i dont have very good eyesight >.>

and i can only pick like 10 smilies

This shout box needs a few things:

1) A refresh button. Sorry ghozt, but "Automatic Refreshing" does not work.

2) A client based timer... Every time you change a page, it automatically sets you as idle. This is really annoying.

3) A link to each person's profile. On the old shoutbox, you could click the member's name and it would bring you to their profile... Now, it brings you to a pm window, and there is NO way to see their profile from there.

4) When some one pm's you, it doesn't automatically pull up a new window with them in it like IRC, you actually have to click PM, then talk to them in the window.

5) Links are being really gay, but I know you know about that.

6) UN-CAPITALIZE BETA... God that is really annoying! It should be beta, not BETA, Beta, BeTa, BeTA, BetA, BEta, BETa, bEta, bETa, bETA, beTa, beTA, or betA. It should only be beta!

1) A refresh button. Sorry ghozt, but "Automatic Refreshing" does not work.

At most, adding a refresh button would just have a little icon saying "refreshing". Which would just cause a higher load on the server and then ultimately do nothing. Since it only refreshes when new shouts are made. I've yet to see it not work..
AOP ("Advanced Optimisation Protocol") is a new feature to greatly reduce the resources consumed by the shoutbox, which is ideal for small servers, or sites who wish to optimise the shoutbox.

Turning this feature on will ensure the shoutbox only requests data when there is new data to be fetched, this means instead of constantly refreshing to see if there is new data, it only refreshes when there actually is new data. However, turning this option on may create a half or one second delay in displaying new shouts.

2) A client based timer... Every time you change a page, it automatically sets you as idle. This is really annoying.

There is a timer, read more here:
http://www.XGhozt.com/jing/2008-04-20_1422.png

- As you can see, you get idle when navigating away from the shoutbox, or 500s.

3) A link to each person's profile. On the old shoutbox, you could click the member's name and it would bring you to their profile... Now, it brings you to a pm window, and there is NO way to see their profile from there.

This is a feature request I sent in, I think a little icon or something may be added for this.

4) When some one pm's you, it doesn't automatically pull up a new window with them in it like IRC, you actually have to click PM, then talk to them in the window.

I'm not sure how you would do this without blowing up my server. >.>

5) Links are being really gay, but I know you know about that.

Yup, I already reported this bug. Links only parse when text is posted before it.

6) UN-CAPITALIZE BETA... God that is really annoying! It should be beta, not BETA, Beta, BeTa, BeTA, BetA, BEta, BETa, bEta, bETa, bETA, beTa, beTA, or betA. It should only be beta!

Done.

I know there is a timer; however, every link you click on the page, it sets you to idle. How about putting the shoutbox inside a frame?

Hmm as far as the PM's, why couldn't it work like this "aop" works?

Oh and 500ms? You realize thats like what... .0083 mins?

>.>

I know there is a timer; however, every link you click on the page, it sets you to idle. How about putting the shoutbox inside a frame?

Hmm as far as the PM's, why couldn't it work like this "aop" works?

Oh and 500ms? You realize thats like what... .0083 mins?

>.>

AJAX > ugly iframe

I think it does.

Oops, sorry.. I meant "seconds".

You do realize that even with you being "idle" you can still type in the box and send without having to "un-idle" yourself.

Yes; however you do realize that you won't be informed of new shouts right?

Yes; however you do realize that you won't be informed of new shouts right?

That's the whole idea.. When you load a new page, if there are new shouts they're displayed. However, you're set to idle right away since you loaded a new page. To un idle yourself just click the link or start chatting.

... Why should I have to click unidle on every page? I guess my browsing habits are different from anyone else?

nah I understand what you mean. Basically you either have to click something, or "spam" something in order to see what's being said. I wasn't exactly saying anything about that, I just thought you didn't know you could type at all with the idle thing up.

Ya, i knew about the typing b4 unidle... >.>

Yes, was overloading the server.

Booooooooooo!

*sniffle sniffle* I already miss it.

Booooooooooo!

*sniffle sniffle* I already miss it.

Where's my chocolates?

• Shoutbox Display Usernames (Now used all over, and all admin commands and other commands can use display names now too)
  • Default option added to both Font colours and faces to revert to skin default settings
  • When opening a PM tab with a user, a notice is showing describing the tabs function, with a link to the users profile
  • Commands/Custom Commands can now be used in PM windows

Those are the fixed bugs people, we get the update tomorrow!