Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Paying Taxes On The Internet?

Taxes on the internet?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be taxes on the internet?

• Yes
    • No

A law recently passed that when you are ordering something online, you now have to pay taxes. WHAT THE HELL! A lot of companies might go out of business now because people might not buy from them due to the taxes.

A law recently passed that when you are ordering something online, you now have to pay taxes. WHAT THE HELL! A lot of companies might go out of business now because people might not buy from them due to the taxes.

well... here a cheap way how i seen some sites do it... they dont mention/show it in the shopping cart but they show it in the AUP or the TOS... and they just add it to the shipping... but i only seen that when i bought the car part off of eBay... so hahaha.. that bout 1 1/2 months or so ago... well that will just suck then...

I believe it should be taxed. It may suck, but it is a non-dairy product being sold to a consumer base, for which all items in stores are taxed, so why should it be any different for an online store?

They're not selling the internet, they're selling access to it. Therefor, you can't tax the ability to do something. On an online store, the only thing you pay taxes are on is the products you pay for, not the building they're housed in.

I mean if you're buying stuff of like Amazon, or Ebay, or Newegg, not things like GC VIP or things that only work on the internet. I'm talking more along the lines of tangible products and software.

I live in Oregon. We pay no sales tax. I shouldn't be taxed for my purchases online.

On another note, I think the government has entirely too many taxes. If they need more money, I believe they should look at how they spend the money they already get and spend it more intelligently. I don't tell my boss she needs to give me more money becuase I'm broke.

The problem is we don't have enough taxes, and we're spending way to much on the Military.

Clinton raised taxes and lowered military spending and brought America up like 900 billion dollars outa the hole...

I think you were thinking about the % amount of each tax. I was thinking about the total amount of different taxes.

But yeah i think you are right. Although I think it wouldn't hurt if the government would take more care about how much money they spend and how much "disappears"

I miss Bill Clinton.

Edited by Fc3sZero

Taxes + internet =

128347587844687500fail.jpg

For the first time I'm in agreement with you Azu... Internet taxes lead to the path of the fail boat.

Failboat.jpg

Edited by Bubb9

The problem is we don't have enough taxes, and we're spending way to much on the Military.

Clinton raised taxes and lowered military spending and brought America up like 900 billion dollars outa the hole...

yeah and bush put us in the largest debt in only 1 term congrats to the old pussy

but OT i dont think there should be taxes on products online... i mean isnt the shipping charge enough?

Hope what ever president we get next, gets us outa this sink hole Bush got us in

Would you like a moon with that?

Edited by Azu

Maybe. which moon? I wont settle for our moon. I want something cool like Titan.

For the first time I'm in agreement with you Azu... Internet taxes lead to the path of the fail boat.

Failboat.jpg

lol i agree with him

Last time i checked this was serious discussion.

We need more taxes and we need to shift into a wartime economy. Start a mandatory draft of 2 years, and raise income tax proportionally around 5% for the giants.

If you want America to start looking like a better place, Vote Obama 08.

Start a mandatory draft of 2 years, and raise income tax proportionally around 5% for the giants.

I'll shot anyone that shows up to my house saying I HAVE to sign up to fight that war.

Start a mandatory draft of 2 years, and raise income tax proportionally around 5% for the giants.

I'll shot anyone that shows up to my house saying I HAVE to sign up to fight that war.

im with you Fc3sZero =P

the draft suxs ass no way in hell

am i gonna fight in a war

for a country who elected

a president i disagree with

Hmm... i must agree with Lost Prodigy to a degree.. one is we do have enough taxes in michigan.. 12% umployment and where i live cigaretts are $6.00 a pack and gas is over $4.00 a gallon on another note i know we spend to much on military i was in it example during basic training i went back to the kitchen to do something, and there throwing literally hunderds of steaks away Tubs of mashed taters.. its endless the about of money used on FOOD alone in the army is rediculous... but in my opinion america is desend for failure... we did it to our selves..