Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Blizzard Opens Digital Download Store

Blizzard Opens Digital Download Store, Beta Lottery; Old CD Keys Redeemable for Downloads

Warcraft and StarCraft developer Blizzard has begun offering direct downloads of select PC titles via a new portion of its online store.

At present, the store's digital download section only contains three listings: the StarCraft Anthology, Warcraft III, and the WarCraft III Frozen Throne expansion. They mark the first digitally distributed releases of any Blizzard game, apart from World of Warcraft.

Furthermore, owners of certain Blizzard efforts can now register their CD keys on the site to add the titles to their Blizzard Account and download them for free at any time, though Diablo II-related downloads are not yet ready.

A new beta lottery program is also available, allowing registered users to be automatically entered into a drawing for beta access. However, no public betas are known to be underway.

At present, the company is known to be working on StarCraft II as well as a title only referred to as "an unannounced Next-Gen MMO," which some speculate to be a new Diablo game.

A list of PC titles that can be registered and downloaded from the Blizzard Store follows, as well as a description of the beta lottery.

* Diablo II*

* Diablo II: Lord of Destruction*

* Diablo II Battlechest*

* StarCraft

* StarCraft Battlechest

* StarCraft Anthology

* Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos

* Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Expansion Pack

*digital download coming soon

Blizzard Beta Lottery

Enter the Blizzard Beta Lottery to put your Blizzard Account in the running to participate in the beta tests for future Blizzard games! By registering, your account will have a chance to be added to the list of invites for each Blizzard public beta test as it begins.

Source(s): http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/52530

Heh that's cool I guess. If you have the cd for a game, but you can't find the cd key...and you can't get one from a site, you can get it from there.

Woot cd-keys i like dat idea ^ ^

Yeah, solves a lot of problems :)

Yeah, solves a lot of problems :)

Wow, If people are smart... blizz is going to lose A LOT of money.

Look at it this way :

http://www.urdiablo.com/servlet/the-2444/S...-dsh-KEY/Detail

Or

http://www.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=110000124

Thats not even to mention the sites I can get Wckeys from a set for like 11$ vs 39.99$?

EDIT: I still cant find where the fuck I put my cd key for the free download.

im pretty sure they will stop or don't allow muted etc cd keys if they do then... my god...

People will buy from here just because it's blizzard

Not muted/banned.

I buy my keys in bulk.

I can get 100 for 150$ none of them banned or muted.

I don't see this as an error for blizzard. I see this as an opertunity for

Buy keys

???

Profit!