Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Recent Downtime And Outage(s)

Dear Ghoztcraft,

I would like to apologize for downtime and lagging frustrations. Trust me, I am the most frustrated person while dealing with this. The Purgehosting.com server (hosting Ghoztcraft.net) was recently upgraded to Apache 2.2 and PHP 5.2.6. After doing so, many websites and scripts stopped working because of the new security features. However, most of them have now been fixed, so hopefully we don't get anymore downtime.

Also, when the server goes down, feel free to message me and let me know. I may not respond, but I did get your message. So anyway, just so that everyone knows whats going on. The server is/was being upgraded and things just need to be tweaked out until they're good for the server (in plain English). I can't say not to expect more downtime/lag, but expect less.

So pretty much the message is "bear with us while we improve our services". Also, feel free to post any errors, bugs, or glitches you find around the site so we can fix them. It's hard to find all of them.

Thanks for understanding,

~XGhozt

...sigh

Edited by Speedskater

It's good to see that I can actually access the site now. :P

I'll keep an eye out for any bugs, glitches, etc XGhozt.

Well I suppose a explanation is better than none. Just though it was my computer messing up.

I'm a patient man, I can deal with it. :fakenopic:

Dear Ghoztcraft,

I would like to apologize for downtime and lagging frustrations. Trust me, I am the most frustrated person while dealing with this. The Purgehosting.com server (hosting Ghoztcraft.net) was recently upgraded to Apache 2.2 and PHP 5.2.6. After doing so, many websites and scripts stopped working because of the new security features. However, most of them have now been fixed, so hopefully we don't get anymore downtime.

Also, when the server goes down, feel free to message me and let me know. I may not respond, but I did get your message. So anyway, just so that everyone knows whats going on. The server is/was being upgraded and things just need to be tweaked out until they're good for the server (in plain English). I can't say not to expect more downtime/lag, but expect less.

So pretty much the message is "bear with us while we improve our services". Also, feel free to post any errors, bugs, or glitches you find around the site so we can fix them. It's hard to find all of them.

Thanks for understanding,

~XGhozt

I'm guessing this is a different problem then the one that makes the whole Ghoztcraft.net domain name give "Failed to connect to server" half the time, since that's not a PHP problem?

If so, any idea when it will be fixed?

Like I said, it's just a matter of tweaking things until the server is comfortable. No eta.

That's why XD

Yeah, I haven't visited GC in a bit since it could get it to work and I thought I was crazy.

Alright, can't wait for it be done.

MastricX cause lots of problems too ;), trying to complie gcc... then server ran out memorys...