Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Doomsday In 2012?

Seriously why do people even worry about this stuff. We all die eventually and after we die who is seriously gonna care about the earth. Although the Mayans have been right with their solar calender it just took time and people to record the planetary movements over a few years to figure it out.

Seriously why do people even worry about this stuff. We all die eventually and after we die who is seriously gonna care about the earth.

Eh I think you missed the point.

They're worried that this is going to kill them in about 4 years, not that it's going to happen after they are dead.

You know recently I haven't been to afraid of death or worried about it. But I see no worry about a calender ending. Now if there was a prophet of some sorts like Noah that was saying that we are all going to die then there might be something to look into and worry about. But and ancient calender ending? Not so much.

They being the people who think the world is ending on 2012, not the people who think it is not ending on 2012.

Seriously why do people even worry about this stuff. We all die eventually and after we die who is seriously gonna care about the earth.

I worry about the world my son will inherit when I die, his children and so on and so forth. I believe that if mankind was faced with a possible extinction that it would be easier to put aside all these petty arguments and come together to contribute to something greater than ourselves.

Thats why I have built this giant "laser" and plan on holding the world hostage unless you pay me one hundred billion dollars! (that's more than the entire federal budget for 1969.)

dr-evil.jpg

Seriously why do people even worry about this stuff.
I worry about the world my son will inherit when I die

If the world ends then your son isn't going to inherit it.

If the world ends on 2012 then I am an "one-eyed, one-horned flying purple people eater"

I'm saying if it were the case that it were possible to avoid it. But yeah with the end of the world theories like this, there is no way to avoid it. I'm just thinking if it were something such as global warming or even a meteor coming at us.

I'm saying if it were the case that it were possible to avoid it. But yeah with the end of the world theories like this, there is no way to avoid it. I'm just thinking if it were something such as global warming or even a meteor coming at us.

Oh, sorry then. I thought you were talking about the main point of this topic.

Perhaps we should read into predictions? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Famous_predictions

Sometimes, predictions can be made, and they are followed out.

I agree though... If the world will end then, may as well live it up now. No point in quitting work and getting prepared. Although, you have to wonder why they didn't think ahead further than this date. Surely, there must be some reason why the calender just stops in 2012.

I mean, there is a reason why our calender only has 12 months... And why each has 30-31 and one has 28... There is a reason for everything. Now we need to figure out what that reason is...

FIRST OF ALL, I am unaware whether necroposting is acceptable in the Serious Discussion.

Second, I do believe that it was the Mayans' religion of sorts that made them end it at that date. If I recall correctly from a documentary, the Mayans believed that the Gods made a type of human creature and it did not meet their expectations. So they eradicated them after 5126 or so years. 5126 years after that, they did the same to the new race. 5126 years after that, they destroyed the third race and we came around.

Apparently December 21, 2012 is supposed to be the end of the 5126 or w/e years.

I don't believe this, but I decided to clear up the issue of WHY it ended on that date, even if it was being debated over a year ago...

I just figured with the releases of various 2012 theory documentaries and the Movie 2012 that people would have new opinions and such ;) (I know of 3 documentaries at least, though I've only watched 2)

Building an ark atm if ne1 wants decent seats u might wanna reserve them now

The main issue being that the Myans never really predicted that the world wold end at all if you read up on it. So what if their calendar ends on that day?

If you wanna read up about prophecies, or actual predictions. Read up on Nostradamus and his "predictions" and writings about what many believe was referring to a guy like Hitler, or Nazi's/NeoNazi's in general.

I do not condone, or believe in anything that they spout, I just find the writing of Nostradamus interesting, especially where this is concerned.

Me and my friends used to joke around that either:

A. The guy who was writing the calendar died and didn't finish it.

or

B. The Mayans just wanted to screw with us.

All jokes aside, I never really believed any of the 2012 stuff- I'm more of a realist. Even if the world ends on that day, then so be it- if it ends there's nothing we can really do so there's no reason to get all hyperventalatey about it. I'll just live normally and if we die, then we die. :D

Perhaps we should read into predictions? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Famous_predictions

Sometimes, predictions can be made, and they are followed out.

I agree though... If the world will end then, may as well live it up now. No point in quitting work and getting prepared. Although, you have to wonder why they didn't think ahead further than this date. Surely, there must be some reason why the calender just stops in 2012.

I mean, there is a reason why our calender only has 12 months... And why each has 30-31 and one has 28... There is a reason for everything. Now we need to figure out what that reason is...

FIRST OF ALL, I am unaware whether necroposting is acceptable in the Serious Discussion.

Second, I do believe that it was the Mayans' religion of sorts that made them end it at that date. If I recall correctly from a documentary, the Mayans believed that the Gods made a type of human creature and it did not meet their expectations. So they eradicated them after 5126 or so years. 5126 years after that, they did the same to the new race. 5126 years after that, they destroyed the third race and we came around.

Apparently December 21, 2012 is supposed to be the end of the 5126 or w/e years.

I don't believe this, but I decided to clear up the issue of WHY it ended on that date, even if it was being debated over a year ago...

I just figured with the releases of various 2012 theory documentaries and the Movie 2012 that people would have new opinions and such :( (I know of 3 documentaries at least, though I've only watched 2)

The reason people thought the world was ending in 2021 was because the mayan calender ended in 2012,recently that theory was blown out of the water,as they found missing pieces of the calendar that prove it doesn't end in 2012.

The reason people thought the world was ending in 2021 was because the mayan calender ended in 2012,recently that theory was blown out of the water,as they found missing pieces of the calendar that prove it doesn't end in 2012.

What pieces? References please.

I think the date is 2012. Also the exact prophecy is that it will be the end of time.

All those who enjoy arguing in these pointless threads must burn in fire!

Well sorry it's just a way to waste 10 minutes

Ohhhh no flaming Viper! :( haha get it flaming, "burn in fire" lol ^.^

I really don't think it will be the end of the world and I really don't think that there were pieces missing to the Mayan calendar that were found recently. Why might I suggest this you ask? Well because my area of study in archeology is the Mayans (South American people) and North Americans and never have I come across the findings of the "missing pieces of the calender." It just doesn't make sense because we have the entire calendar and there were no pieces missing in the first place. . .

So please enlighten me with your findings because I am sure my professors would love to see this great finding of the missing pieces that weren't missing!

DUN DUN DUN it's like a Sherlock Holmes mystery!

I don't believe this only god knows when the day is right. But its comeing so for all those who believes in god like me make the best of your lives.

Gtfo my gc.

We are getting ever so closer to the "next" doomsday!

After the "rapture" where I was like "oh, today is doomsday? Really?" I don't expect much to occur, though. xD

Are you guys planning to be attending any "before and after-doomsday" parties? It will be hilarious.

I actually had that idea in like 2006, obviously others came up with it later as well. :P