Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

How Did Gc Get It's Name?

Okay, so I've got a little story for you.

I know how confusing it is for everyone, who came up with that name, how do I spell it, is the C capitalized? Well, I'll tell you how I came up with the name, where it started and how to spell it. It's a long story, so I'll keep it short and leave out all the mushy stuff. I'm not going to tell you where and why I created the site, but I will explain the name and give you some good stuff to look at.

So, first of all, I'd like to clear up that it's spelled "Ghoztcraft" pronounced "ghost craft" and the C is not capitalized because it's one word, always has been. Now, the name has drifted away from the purpose of the website, but earned it's meaning from the content and respected community. :hi:

I spent a few days (mind you, I was 15) trying to find a name I could use, that was both unique, related to me and the original goal (at the time) of my project. I figured, well, I've had the name "XGhozt" for a while now, and I want my site to be about my favorite game (at the time) StarCraft. So, after a while of googling to find 0 results, I finally found a name which was not in use, unique and related to what I wanted.

And thus, the geocities Ghoztcraft was born.

if you're interested in going down memory lane (for you senior members) or curious as to how embarrassing things began. I'll have you know I've got screenshots and saved versions of the old website, because I knew, one day, I'd want to look at them again.

So now you know the story, thanks for reading.

And yeah, you can laugh :yes2: ,

~XGhozt

I've been coming to the site since the 3rd picture in the Wiki. :)

yeah, a couple months back i looked at those archives, pretty cool

Yeah what Trever said

Just kept going, never gave up. It takes time, all you need to do is put some serious effort into giving people a reason to come back.

That's pretty cool.

Yeah. Many people came and left. When i joined GC there weren't really that much people. It wasn't well spread out like it is now. Back in that day it was pretty cool. We didn't really have much starcraft hacking sites. There were only bwhacks, Ghoztcraft, and zerogamers. (at that time zerogamers was pretty cool)

Sign in to follow this