Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Nintendo Fights Huge Eu Fine Over Snes

Nintendo fights huge EU fine over SNES

Unless you're a member of the retro-gaming community, you probably never think about the SNES anymore. And yet, Nintendo is battling the EU over that very console all the way into 2008, following a hefty fine the EU laid down 6 years ago. In 2002, the EU accused Nintendo of price-fixing the SNES for several years in the 1990s, and sought to penalize them for their actions. They handed them a fine of 149.1 million Euros, a fine rivaled by very few others.

The EU asserts the fine was fair, whereas Nintendo claims it was not only unfair, but outright illegal. As a result, Nintendo is refusing to pay the draconian fine. That's quite a while to wait to fight back, but is still interesting.

Source(s): http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/news/news.pht...xing-fine.phtml

I think it's too old to argue about...

I mean, it's a lot of money, bu SNES is OLD. It doesn't get more retro than that.

Heh, I'm sure this will only take a few more years to figure out. Right around the time where we've all long forgotten about this. But an interesting read. I didn't think anything with the Snes was still actually being disputed. Atleast not in a legal sense.

Just simply... Wow o.o

Thats retarded.

Tales of Phantasia was a cool SNES game, but what the heck.

crono tiger was the best snes game besides metriod but ya come on this is ages old there still fighting it

Tales of Phantasia > Chrono Trigger, even though Chrono Trigger was indeed a good game.

Super Mario World all the way, I don't know what you guys are talking about.

That's stupid.

They have a chance even tho its an old case ><.

Well, I decided to play with my ZSNES, and I've decided it's a battle worth fighting. All those games are classics, and that made nintendo what it is today.