Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

C++ Tutorial

C++ Tutorial <-- since it isn't easy to tell, that is a link! Edited by aimcrack

Nice find.

Thanks, I'm glad to be of help.

there's alot of other sites but it's better if you find a c++ reference book it's alot more help

A book is almost always better, unless it is an interactive tutorial, then you know you're getting the things right. :rolleyes:

C++ Tutorials <-- this one and the one aimcrack posted seem to be the two most know C++ tutorial sites I've found

ya, thanks for helping zero.. finally i see someone that alt least helps here.. that doesnt spam for dl's

google.com is better

ya really... haha

C++ Tutorial <-- since it isn't easy to tell, that is a link!

is C++ hard or easy? Is it fun or boring?...

A book is almost always better, unless it is an interactive tutorial, then you know you're getting the things right. :)

is your sig Jesus with a gun?

Any computer language gets hard the further you get into them. Unless its a extreamly easy language which means in the end you can't do as much as with other languages. Some would say C++ is a harder language but thats mainly due to the fact of how big it is.

As far as if its fun. Ask yourself if you enjoy problem solving. If you don't then i would suggest spending your time on something else. Either your gonna learn a small amount of the language and try to impress your friends with that or you'll take on the whole language which can be awarding both mentally and financially.

As for how i suggest learning the language this is the order from best choice to worst.

Class (Can't ask for any better way to learn that this)

Interactive Software (If you can find any)

A Good Non-Reference Book (Usually has you copy a program code then teaches you about what you copied)

Online Tutorial (A little bit better then a reference book)

Reference Book (Meant for reminding you how to do something not teaching)

If I forgot any method obviously they aren't worth mentioning.

There are endless ways you can code just about any program (excluding extreamly easy ones). That makes it that much harder to copy another person's code and call it your own. It can also make it that much funner too.

botd4u, yes my AVATAR is jesus with a rifle. and i7an no its not it can be used for making programs such as the ones you use daily

yo i heard c++ is for hackers only. is that true yo?

There isn't a single language that is meant for hackers. It takes a lot more to make a computer language then it does to use a computer language. Trust me the people with that kind of skills are more worried about making money then about giving some kids a foolish hobby.

Yeah, that is true. I have two people in my family that are computer engineers but only spend 10 minutes a week on the internet. I think they're missing out though

man, i dont know how people just learn c++ prog w/o going to college. Is it just innate to some people?

www.google.com is a better link

well I guess you could say that about people that learn lots of skills without going to college. If you practice something enough, you are gonna be good at it. Isn't that the point of college?

lol yeah it is....

www.google.com is a better link

If you mean using google to find a tutorial is better then you are completely wrong. Even though I have been to quite a few C++ tutorials through google, I have disregarded most of them. Usually it was just the feel of the site or something like that, but I've come across a few that are harmful (I would have to do a lot of searching to know which ones again and my C++ is getting rusty...). Even though all the sites will teach you stuff you can do, you need to underline the can do. There are things that you should never do in C++, in example, creating a global variable is one of those things. It might not harm your programs that often but it can, and with problems like these, you need to make sure you learn the language the right way. Google is pretty good but it doesn't make sure all the sites are perfect...

yeah ok mr programer

oh come one that is just god awful LOL