Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Starcraft Low Latency

Starcraft Low Latency

Version: 1.0.0

Author: KloMeister

Category: 1.15.2

Screenshot:

Description:

Playing Brood War online without Latency!

Stacraft BroodWar Low Latency

--Manual and Description (English) --

You have only to open Brood War and "BWLowLatency".

If you are playing a game the latency will automaticly set down to your ping speed

The other players in the game have the normal latency, that is set in Brood War

This is a big advantage for you!

--------------------------------------------

--Anleitung und Beschreibung (German) --

Du musst nur das Program "BWLowLatency" geöffnet haben.

Wenn du ein Game spielst, wird die Verzögerung automatisch auf deine Ping geschwindigkeit gesetzt

Die anderen Spieler haben die Geschwindigkeit die in Brood War eingestellt ist.

Dies ist ein großer Vorteil für dich!

Download The File

Submitted by can u c me3, on May 27 2008, 09:16 AM

You don't get banned for having high ping I guess, kinda useless.

is it just a spoof or does it actually DO something...?

My best guess is that when you create a game, it lowers your latency so that people with a latency lower than yours can still join your game without getting the message the game latency was too high for the creator. I think >_>

I aught to try it out since no one can join my games because qwest doesnt support online gaming. . .

o.o In that case Im gonna use this on my old comp so I can actually join games

lol@ you newbs..

if you have 0 latency you win.

This is why.. When you command a unit,the speed at which it follows at that command depends on the game's latency..

If it is really high,it can take around a second for it do the command..

But with NO latency,:) You shit will do everything instantly..

If you don't understand the advantage,then you are a newb who plays ums,or you play fastest..

Now the advantage comes into play when you micro.Now,for those of you who dont know what micro is,it's when you micro manage your units in a battle.. Which,in turn can effect the outcome greatly.

The end,if you are already good at micro.Then this will make you ownage

So what your are saying is that this is a hack that makes your units respond quicker to your commands . . . ? That is weird. I have been playing SC since 98 and I have never heard of this madness! This is blasphemy, THIS IS MADNESS!!!!!

lol@ you newbs..

This is why.. When you command a unit,the speed at which it follows at that command depends on the game's latency..

But with NO latency, :) You shit will do everything instantly..

If you don't understand the advantage,then you are a newb who plays ums,or you play fastest..

Now the advantage comes into play when you micro.Now,for those of you who dont know what micro is,it's when you micro manage your units in a battle.. Which,in turn can effect the outcome greatly.

First off plutomic, you smell. Get out of here newbie. Oh and learn how to spell correctly. wtf.gif

While your post is mostly accurate plutomic, this does not actually make your latency response time 0. There still is a small duration of time before the commands are carried out. I have tested this, and it does make the duration smaller though. However different connections may influence how quick the response is.

Hm, I guess I will want to use this when I play my beloved Vulture Nightmare :3

Im not exactly sure what it does either, but what I think it does is just changes the network status in the game so that you don't lag.

The question still hangs in the air: Is this just a spoofer or will it actually do something?

Read plutomic's and my post geeze. He and I have already said what it does pretty clearly. And yes it Does actually do something.

No, I read both of your posts entirely, I was just still confused on whether or not it actually does something. Thanks.

Oh, well yes it does do something.

lol@ you newbs..

But with NO latency, <_< You shit will do everything instantly..

First off plutomic, you smell. Get out of here newbie. Oh and learn how to spell correctly. wtf.gif

i spelled everything correctly.."newbie". I just see a few typos.

You are just mad because you are a dumbfuck. You didn't know what this program did.You problem still don't.

Read plutomic's and my post geeze. He and I have already said what it does pretty clearly. And yes it Does actually do something.
well,according to virtual pancake,i'm a newbie...

Err no offence Hellsing, but I think you need to learn to read again:

Pluto said what it does:

" If it is really high,it can take around a second for it do the command..

But with NO latency, You shit will do everything instantly.."

And then Suteki corrected him:

" While your post is mostly accurate plutomic, this does not actually make your latency response time 0. There still is a small duration of time before the commands are carried out. I have tested this, and it does make the duration smaller though. However different connections may influence how quick the response is. "

Basically what it means is that this hack/app/program lowers a persons latency when playing, So it lowers the response time between giving a unit a command and it actually doing it. Pluto says that it lowers it to 0 which means instantaneous movement after clicking, and then suteki says when he tried it it just lowers this time but does not reduce it completely. :D

This doesn't do what these people claim. As far as I know, that is impossible and upon testing it i saw no difference. Might be because I don't lag. No hack will change how fast a connection between two computers is.

Holy crap... What did he JUST say. You are lying about reading their posts.

I can read, and i did. Maybe you should take some of your own advice and read my post again.

This is probably the most useful hack on the entire site. MEGA PROPS.

This makes the difference of life & death in pro TvT's.

Trying not to sound generic for newb response here, but THANK YOU, for the bomb ass prog. ;)