Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Ghoztcraft.net

Hello newcomer, and Welcome to the Community.

This website is a forum, as you probably already know, and is dedicated to gaming and the community surrounding it. This particular website is dedicated to hacking and exploiting, it's main means for attracting new members.

My name is Chris, and I want to help you to make a good impression and possibly fit in better in the community. Now, you can fit in and be as unique as you want, that's not what this is about. I don't want to make you think I am trying to make you a robot. No, by fitting in I mean not doing stupid things that will get you a bad reputation, or even banned.

The first step to joining a new forum is to admit you are new.

I am a seasoned forumer (pronounced "forum whore") but I am still new to Ghoztcraftz. This means that my first step in joining the community should always be lurking. By lurking I mean observing, not burrowing underground and waiting for an opportune time to strike your opponent, who hopefully sends marines.

Observe the forum, and get to know the members from behind the scenes. Usually you should lurk for about an hour tops (over two days) before beginning to post. Think this is stupid and making the internet more seri0us bizness than it needs to be? Then we don't want you posting, because you aren't going to fit in. People may not consider the forum their lives, but someone who can't take a measly 40 minutes to get a grasp on a forum with multitudes of members and literally hundreds of topics will just not fit in with the people on a website dedicated to a 10 year old game.

The next step in joining the community, which can actual be done while initiating the first step, is to post an introduction. Now, in your introduction, introduce yourself and do nothing more. Do not go into detail about a subject, as it will make you seem conceited, save that for the appropriate board. Always search for an introduction board before posting, and read the last 2-3 introductions to get an idea of what to say. Seasoned forumers usually have experience with this step, and can copypasta an introduction from their hard disk.

Do not lie on a forum. Your first name is not a dangerous thing to share. Making up a last name sounds alright, but lying at all can really hurt your credibility. Anonymity is a great thing in essence, because it means people can only judge you on your thoughts and feelings. On the other hand, anonymity can also allow people to say and do things with minimal consequence. Which leads us into the next guideline, Sensitivity.

Don't be over sensitive to people on the forum. If you are a sensitive person, there are ways to emulate that without sounding like a baby. Also, if you are new to a forum and have done minimal lurking, do not play the hero for anyone. Always try to sit the fence until people actually notice you, and will care about your opinion. Your join date and your post count, when studied together, can cause a great deal of skepticism towards you, and ultimately if you make a post against the current "bandwagon" or just the main feelings of the members, you will already have earned yourself a bad reputation. Do not take this the wrong way though. Having your own opinions is important, and is what makes forums possible, but when posting your opinions, especially when new, make sure you aren't over zealous with them. For the most part steer clear of the flame board until you have 30 solid, meaningful posts. (or are a seasoned whore) That doesn't mean when you post count hit's 30!

Also, remember the only thing we have to judge people on here is their wit. Making physical threats over the internet is stupid. Even if you have the means to get to that person's home, you aren't going to do it. Trust me. I've been on the receiving end of many e-threats, some of which where very plausible and could very well have happened. They never do. If you have to resort to using physical threats to win an e-fight, you lost. You just don't have the wit to keep up with the other person, obviously, and are doomed to ridicule for the rest of your stay on the forum.

Realize that everyone here is a nerd, and should be treated as an equal. I, while participating in many sports and having a decent social life, am quite a huge computer geek. Everyone posting on this website is, that is why they are on a 10 year old game. If you have some notion that you are not a nerd, and are somehow better than everyone else because of this, please refrain from showing us how cool you are by posting. We really do not need it.

Don't spam. Posts that only have three words, as represented by an acronym, are not helpful or boosting to a topic. Unless something is posted as comedy, or in a flame/spam board. Posts limited to "LOL" are not appreciated.

The most important part of posting on a forum is to have fun and enjoy yourself. If you aren't having fun or dislike the people in a community, it is going to show in your posts, so why not just leave. Don't come to a hacking website if you absolutely hate hackers and would never use one for yourself. Take for example me. I hate hacks in melee and ladder type games. I don't hate hackers as a whole, because they really aren't harming me or doing anything terrible. I use some hacks for Diablo and Warcraft, too. I wouldn't come to this forum for the sole purpose of saying "Fuck YOU!" to everyone. Why? It accomplishes nothing.

Respect the Administrators. It's their site. If they want to post two monkeys having intercourse as the point of the website, that is up to them. Global mods and VIP members are such for a reason, do not think that you have more say than them.

Realize that most of this is the opinion of myself, LoyaL, and not the Administrators of this website, unless they /sign it.

Enjoy your stay on the forum, and I look forward to posting alongside you.

Edited by XGhozt

*stands and applauds*

wow lol that is like epic fail to be honnest you are acting like oyu run the place here i know it says that you are just a member in it but what the fuck you realy spent all that time typing up that crock pot of shit?

Woah! Nice, I don't think I've ever seen such a long and descriptive introduction post. It's better than what I think I could come up with. Loved it!

wow lol that is like epic fail to be honnest you are acting like oyu run the place here i know it says that you are just a member in it but what the fuck you realy spent all that time typing up that crock pot of shit?

What exactly is your problem? He never forced you to read it. He put alot of time and effort into his post. You're one (run-on) sentence has more grammar and spelling errors than his entire post which contains over 10 paragraphs.

Woah! Nice, I don't think I've ever seen such a long and descriptive introduction post. It's better than what I think I could come up with. Loved it!

What exactly is your problem? He never forced you to read it. He put alot of time and effort into his post. You're one (run-on) sentence has more grammar and spelling errors than his entire post which contains over 10 paragraphs.

That was an all-star pwnage Poply.

And true.

Wow, that was a long thought out post there. i kinda like your style. +rep for you and a cookie for me.

Enjoy your cookie.

And @ryder

If you had actually read it, you would see i wrote it for my clan's forum, which i would own.

But i added a lot and revised a lot to make it apply to GC.

Thanks for the +reps. :D

Dam, learn how to read.

By the way, +rep for awesome and truth.

No, idiots can't read it. They don't have the PATIENCE, because it's TL;DR for them.

I don't see how anyone could dis you and the content on that letter. It's the truth and if everyone followed those rules, forums wouldn't be such a hostile place. Good job! I'll rep yer ass :thumbsup:

Man thats amazing! I like how you put a lot of thought into your introduction.

LOL nice post! +rep :new_russian:

if everyone followed those rules

Yes, if everyone was nice and got along then it would be peaceful.

It's easier said then done, though.

SO what you are saying is that it is hard to be nice to people? I think that is a personal problem.

*Shoots LP as he is standing and Applauding.*

lol very nice +rep. I saw this topic, but never bothered to come and take a look at it until now, XD It's written very well ^^

Thanks again to everyone.

If you liked it and think i missed something, please do tell me.

SO what you are saying is that it is hard to be nice to people? I think that is a personal problem.

No. I'm just saying telling people to be nice just isn't very effective, no matter how much detail and reasoning you use.

I'm not telling people to be nice.

Well I enjoyed reading it, I say we move this post to our blog. Yeah?

I'm not telling people to be nice.

Okay, sorry.. what are you trying to say then?

Sign in to follow this