Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Issues With My Router...

Okay, so all of our wireless computers have at least G in them right? (My laptop has N, my dad's has G)...

So I figured I would speed up the router by making it output only g and no b!!!...

Well for about a few weeks, I was only getting like 20.8 kbps which is really god awfully slow considering i got a good 800 when connected to the router directly, and Today I just found out something....

The router needs to have B on??? I don't know, but now that its on it acts as if I was connected directly...

Can anyone explain why I need B?

Get a sledge hammer smash router > buy new 1

Put your router on a stove, melt it > buy new 1

Get a sledge hammer smash router > buy new 1

Put your router on a stove, melt it > buy new 1

Do not spam in the topic.

Okay, so all of our wireless computers have at least G in them right? (My laptop has N, my dad's has G)...

So I figured I would speed up the router by making it output only g and no b!!!...

Well for about a few weeks, I was only getting like 20.8 kbps which is really god awfully slow considering i got a good 800 when connected to the router directly, and Today I just found out something....

The router needs to have B on??? I don't know, but now that its on it acts as if I was connected directly...

Can anyone explain why I need B?

First can you tell me why you want B off? What problems is it causing?

I thought b was only 11mbps....

We have 20mbps internet, so I would need 54g...

I don't know... Why do i need it on?

(I can't buy a new router... It's a modem too...)

Wait? I don't know if i correctly understand the problem, but if i do you could go check out your modem online, and try to find an overclock guide?

If you install tomato or something after flashing, and overclock, your Router can gain amazing speeds.

I thought b was only 11mbps....

We have 20mbps internet, so I would need 54g...

I don't know... Why do i need it on?

(I can't buy a new router... It's a modem too...)

Nevermind. I thought you said that it was faster with it.