Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

My Broodwar Cd Exploded!

I was playing a starcraft game earlier today, and suddenly I hear this loud POP from the tower and something flys out and hits my leg... I look down and I see that it was a peice of my broodwar disk that had flung out of the CD drive and had broken the plastic case of where the drive opens in the process. I took out the CD drive, unscrewed it and the disk was totally shattered. luckly the cd drive still works! however I am in need of the install.exe to make starcraft work again. If someone could possibly give me a link or something to download the install.exe that would help me out alot. please help if you can. thanks

I have not heared of such a thing happening before... CDs exploding? Has this happened before?

Cd's explode when they have to many scratches and they get too hot from your computer... normally the disk would melt from the heat... but since the drive was spinning i think 1 of the scratches formed into a crack with the help of the heat (things expand when they get hot) and then you get the rest...

LOL that happened in my old comp.... it sucks lol excpet i didnt get hrut... lol

And i had one melt in my other comp lol i had to get a new drive :suicide2: sucked

I'm uploading the install.exe/broodwar.mpq file.

Please wait. It should be done before 250 minutes is over. (Roughly 4 hours)

Exact same thing happened to my Diablo 2 CD and I had to buy a new drive. :D

Haha... Sucks... xD

Bounder i don't think you need to upload that now...

LOL I didn't even notice the date. :thumbsup: Nice necro it fooled everyone.