Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Dll Files Won't Load?

Couldn't find where else to post, but I find this very serious, as it annoys me very much.

My computer is starting to get affected, many DLL files are doing weird things, I noticed when alot of programs said that DLL's cannot be detected, and Oblivion will not load.

I think I found the problem, but I have absoulutly no clue how to fix it.

My DLL files open in Notepad, I've tried to fix it, but as of now.. nothing.

It'd be great if somebody could help me, as I cannot do many things, Here's some things that are affected.

- Winamp cannot load DLLs

- WoW cannot load addons/character files because of "missing DLLs"

- Firefox addons cannot be detected.

- AntiVirus database cant load [ BIG ISSUE ]

- Oblivion cannot load it's DLL.

I've gone to all folders, the "files" that cannot be detected, are there, but are .DLLs that open in Notepad.

alright well i have had dll's set to open in notpad and it had no effect on using them from applications HOWEVER if you opened the DLL in notepad and then changed something that could effect it. im not sure. all i know is it didn't do anything different when i set it to load in note pad.

Opening a DLL in notepad isn't going to do anything but give you scrambled code. So long as you don't edit it in some way with notepad and re-save it, simply opening it with Notepad won't do anything.

Does it ever say can't find rundll32.exe?

But, go ahead and join my member team(look in my sig), follow the tutorial and post a Hijackthis log. I'll help you from there.

Okay, so. It works fine now, I restarted computer, it was because it's been on for 4 days straight, and now it's fine.

But Oblivion still won't open.

It opened fine before, I deleted the old folder, cause I lost my SC.

I reinstalled it, now it won't load. Says "Failed to load Oblivion.dll"

and I have the latest one, I DLed it from GC, yesterday.

Didn't fix, it was application/x-msdownload already.

Still is notepad.

EDIT: Fixed the oblivion problem..

I forgot Vista is retarded and files are only allowed to run if you use Administrator privileges.

Hmmm... What version of Windows are you using?

Also, when you right click it, and click properties what does it say default application is?

Windows Vista Home Premium

It says "Opens with: Notepad" [Change]

Making new video just for you.