Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Wtf?

untitled.jpg

As I was playing Diablo2 LOD ladder this popped up! for those of you who don't know Stone of Jordan is one of the best rings in the game. I search forever for this and couldn't find it in any of the merchants I even gambled at very merchant to. so anyone here explain this lol

Edited by Speedskater

To bad diablo 2 doesn't have a buyback function.

Edited by Azu

thing is I was going solo and was mfing then this popped up I didnt sell 1 ring

Edited by Speedskater

WOW wtf? o_O

O_o wow so thats how you get an anni anyway I wouldnt stand a chnace ima 75 firesorc and have low gear because of ladder restart. I would of liked to take a screen shot of the clone though :D I wish I didnt leave that game. I also don't think that was the messege cause its "diablo walks the earth"

Edited by Speedskater

And I don't think annis give you 11506 stones of jordan?

No but the amount of SOJs make a Diablo Clone spawn. The Diablo Clone drops a anni.

No but the amount of SOJs make a Diablo Clone spawn. The Diablo Clone drops a anni.

And it also makes a distinctive message come up, which didn't happen.

And it also makes you very rich (just one of them sells for a lot, right?), which I'm pretty sure didn't happen or he would have said.

And he wouldn't have stood a chance against a Diablo Clone.

And it also makes a distinctive message come up, which didn't happen.

And it also makes you very rich (just one of them sells for a lot, right?), which I'm pretty sure didn't happen or he would have said.

And he wouldn't have stood a chance against a Diablo Clone.

According to the source I had up there, any type of sorc is bad because DC has 95% resistance to anything.

So anyways ya he would have been screwed.

Yeah Diablo would of ass raped me 500 times. but I dont undertsnad the SOJ part I look around for this and got some answers butnot very clear ones

Edited by Speedskater

Probably just a display bug, since none of the things that normally happen when you sell lots of SOJs happened...

The other 4 parts are Hot, Active, Slow and Walked. Walked means the server as just popped, and it's done. Slow means the server has had some SOJS sold on it, but nobody is selling now. Active means SOJS are currently being sold on it, and should pop soon. Hot means lots of selling of SOJS on it, and it will pop any minute. If you get in a active game, you will see a count come up that says "xxx Stones of Jordan have been sold to merchants" where xxx is the current count. On average, anywhere from 2-6 servers could be popped. The only trouble is that sometimes you cant get onto the right server in time.

First off, you must understand that when you create a game, it is made on a random IP address that is hosted by the Battle net servers. These IPs start at .30 and go to .180. DC walks on a specific server, and all games that are created on that server, so if DC walks on server .55 and you are in a game that is on server .55, you will get the message "Diablo Walks this Earth" and the ground will shake. When does DC walk on a sever? Well, it has to do with selling SOJs (stone of Jordan rings to merchants). DC will walk on a server any time between when 75-150 SOJS are sold on the same server; it is random and always different.

This is basically what happens. People sell SOJs, and when a lot of them are sold, it spawns in a game of the same server. (pops the server)

So on his server the random number that determines how many have to be sold before it "pops" just happened to be over 11 thousand?

11506 of them have really been found and sold so far, it's not just a bug?

So on his server the random number that determines how many have to be sold before it "pops" just happened to be over 11 thousand?

11506 of them have really been found and sold so far, it's not just a bug?

I think that means the total amount sold ever. You need to sell over 100ish since the last one spawned to spawn it again. That message was displayed because somebody was mass selling them in another game on the same server as you.

Okay seeing how only one person knew what he was talking about I'll try to explain.

When ladder resets we all start at a clean slate.

When someone finds the ring Stone of Jordan they can sell it to a merchant ( once they do it will say)

1 Stone of Jordan sold to merchants

This gives the chance for the message of

Diablo Walks the Earth to pop up

once this pops up you kill any special monster and Uber Diablo pops up ( VERY hard when your newb)

Kill him and he drops anni

So when you see that message in a game you should just sit there and relax for a little bit and see if Uber D comes up, but seeing as your a sorc with shitty gear you wont be able to beat him.

YaY!

M, i wanna play with you!

you play non ladder right?

shoot thats off topic..

i wonder if i could kill uber D

Im ladder if you want to know (USWest) Speedsk8r[dC] is my d2 account fo now :D, Apparantly alot of my friend have gotten this msg to

Edited by Speedskater