Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

New Computer and Work

First and foremost, I finally managed to buy myself a computer. So you'll end up seeing alot more around here. I bought a friend's old motherboard and amd dual core for $70 total, bought 2gigs of ram, an old case my brother had, an extra power supply we had, and an old pci video card for the time being. I couldn't get it working with IDE ports so I ordered a 500gb sata hdd and dvd/cd rw drive from newegg and had a friend burn me an xp disc. It all installed perfectly fine on thursday and now I'm here. If you talked to me alot before, you'd probably know that I previously only used the family computer that we all shared which extremely limited my computer time. In a few days I'll be ordering a new video card and maybe a new power supply with the $400 paycheck I'm getting. Which brings me to my second topic.

About three or four weeks ago I got hired at a store as a cashier and now work part-time there. I can't say I enjoy working there but I do love talking to all the other employees. I'm hoping sometime around when school starts back up that I can get a job as a computer network engineer or technician. That way I wouldn't have to work so many hours for such a low paycheck and I'd actually be learning and getting real experience. A job in the field of computer networking is what my current aspiration is for a career. Though I haven't fully decided on it yet because I want to keep my options open until when I actually need to make a decision.

Grats on getting a new computer :)

It'll be nice to see you around here more often.

First and foremost, I finally managed to buy myself a computer. So you'll end up seeing alot more around here. I bought a friend's old motherboard and amd dual core for $70 total, bought 2gigs of ram, an old case my brother had, an extra power supply we had, and an old pci video card for the time being. I couldn't get it working with IDE ports so I ordered a 500gb sata hdd and dvd/cd rw drive from newegg and had a friend burn me an xp disc. It all installed perfectly fine on thursday and now I'm here. If you talked to me alot before, you'd probably know that I previously only used the family computer that we all shared which extremely limited my computer time. In a few days I'll be ordering a new video card and maybe a new power supply with the $400 paycheck I'm getting. Which brings me to my second topic.

About three or four weeks ago I got hired at a store as a cashier and now work part-time there. I can't say I enjoy working there but I do love talking to all the other employees. I'm hoping sometime around when school starts back up that I can get a job as a computer network engineer or technician. That way I wouldn't have to work so many hours for such a low paycheck and I'd actually be learning and getting real experience. A job in the field of computer networking is what my current aspiration is for a career. Though I haven't fully decided on it yet because I want to keep my options open until when I actually need to make a decision.

Cant wait till tomorrow because i turn 16 and i can FINALY apply for a job because cleaning yards is bs for the pay you get i get like 10dollars for a JUNK I MEAN JUUUNK yard with BARELY any help my friend just sits there and watches me.... <.< and pick up a few things

We all gottah start somewhere. Sadly, I build Ghoztcraft when I was 15 on my Moms computer, which I built for her. :rolleyes: Goodluck with your new computer Poply!

Sign in to follow this