Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

[Movie Review] WANTED - 5/5

Synopsis: Based upon Mark Millar’s explosive graphic novel series and helmed by stunning visualist director Timur Bekmambetov—creator of the most successful Russian film franchise in history, the Night Watch series—Wanted tells the tale of one apathetic nobody’s transformation into an... Based upon Mark Millar’s explosive graphic novel series and helmed by stunning visualist director Timur Bekmambetov—creator of the most successful Russian film franchise in history, the Night Watch series—Wanted tells the tale of one apathetic nobody’s transformation into an unparalleled enforcer of justice. In 2008, the world will be introduced to a hero for a new generation: Wesley Gibson. 25-year-old Wes (James McAvoy) was the most disaffected, cube-dwelling drone the planet had ever known. His boss chewed him out hourly, his girlfriend ignored him routinely and his life plodded on interminably. Everyone was certain this disengaged slacker would amount to nothing. There was little else for Wes to do but wile away the days and die in his slow, clock-punching rut. Until he met a woman named Fox (Angelina Jolie). After his estranged father is murdered, the deadly sexy Fox recruits Wes into the Fraternity, a secret society that trains Wes to avenge his dad’s death by unlocking his dormant powers. As she teaches him how to develop lightning-quick reflexes and phenomenal agility, Wes discovers this team lives by an ancient, unbreakable code: carry out the death orders given by fate itself. With wickedly brilliant tutors—including the Fraternity’s enigmatic leader, Sloan (Morgan Freeman)—Wes grows to enjoy all the strength he ever wanted. But, slowly, he begins to realize there is more to his dangerous associates than meets the eye. And as he wavers between newfound heroism and vengeance, Wes will come to learn what no one could ever teach him: he alone controls his destiny.

--© Universal Pictures

I just watched the movie WANTED today. Right from the started I was laughing my ass off as the sarcastic comments, then to the instant rush of adrenaline at the pure excitement of the show. The moves and action shots are done so well it'll make you sit up in your seat, and that's rare from movies these days. One thing's for sure, this movie will quickly become one of your favorites. So far, the quintessential summer movie, so absurd, slick and entertaining, it's an outright blast. Angelina Jolie has never been quite so intimidating ..or fun!

I've heard so many different things about this movie. People saying it was a fantastic movie and then people saying they wish they could just forget about the movie because it was so bad.

This movie really was amazing. It was like all non stop violence =D .

Because of this topic I'll go see it today, sometimes I don't see movies because of the negitive comments about it

I haven't seen it yet but it sounds so cool!

The only things I've heard about this are:

"OMFG ANGELINA JOLIE IS SO HOT"

"wow, wtf, this totally is a shit plot compared to the original comic"

I personally haven't seen it, but I don't really know...

~---------------------------Warning Spoilers Inside-----------------------------~

well i watched it 5 times in a 48hour period :D it waas good but! it could have been way better id give it a 4/5 stars becuase had some nice things but some things are the same as any other movie for instance.. at the beginnning the Fake Father cant remember name jumped like well a long way to get to another roof top?? wtf was that ok curve bullets is cool but this aint freakin superman.. come on no one else did it the entire movie :P id like the recipe for the ZOMG godly bathwater for Uber Healing would b nice :) sry for all of you who didnt see it and im giving away stuff but i posted a warning so if u read this dont cry plz.. nice plot not bad movie id watch Wanted 2, but it could have been better

Sign in to follow this