Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Monitor Problems?

My monitor is only showing the colors, pink, red and blue. Does that mean it is time for a new monitor?

yes, yes it does.

That means the green is fucked up. Time to get a new monitor, indeed.

Well if the Green is messed up your cable might be damged look to see if teh pins are all stight and there. DVI or VGA, would have to be GVA for 1 color missing.

Well if the Green is messed up your cable might be damged look to see if teh pins are all stight and there. DVI or VGA, would have to be GVA for 1 color missing.

Heres the story. My monitor somehow is slowly cooking away at each phosphor. Green was the first to go and now blue. Everything is very bright and red and distorted. The wire is fine and the pins are all straight. My monitor does not have settings for each color. Only contrast, brightness, and the positioning of the screen. My monitor is on its last legs and there ain't jack !@!# I can do about it.

Yup. The only color I see is GOD DAMN RED! :threaten:

What type of monitor? CRT?

What type of monitor? CRT?

Yes. It is a CRT.

Sony Trinitron.

Sounds like time for a new one.

Id reinstall drivers to be sure, but it's probably the monitor. Gas might have escaped.

Sounds like time for a new one.

Id reinstall drivers to be sure, but it's probably the monitor. Gas might have escaped.

But why would it flash odd colors then only show one color? And it also flickers and has that dark bar going up the screen. Also somewhat distorted.

=/ that sucks..

=/ that sucks..

Sure does.

Get a LCD CRT monitors are old and not worth the hassle.

Looking forward to getting an LCD. But I simply van't just go out and get a new monitor. If I could do that, it would have happened a long time ago. I need to wait for my mom to buy me one because of my lack of money.

I'm used to CRTs, LCDs kinda make my eyes hurt, although 85 Hz CRT does too. 100 Hz never did anything when I had glasses though. :P

That monitor is dying, get a new one before it explodes, lol.

Try throughing a shoe at it as last resort

Televions will always have a lower quality image then a monitor CRT Monitor > CRT TV

and LCD Monitor > LCD TV

Unless it is a very small television with a high ratio and dpi. aka a monitor.

lulz.

I got a new LCD 19 inch monitor!

pics pl0x?

Televions will always have a lower quality image then a monitor CRT Monitor > CRT TV

and LCD Monitor > LCD TV

not true my video card supports HD and i hooked it up to my step brothers HD TV and it looks secksy...