Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Need To Fix the WLAN Switch On PSP

Am I Screwed?  

1. 1. Well? Am I?

• Yes, completely.
    • Not completely, but it's going to be tough.
    • No, you aren't.
    • Just Get a Slim.

All right, so I haven't been on here for maybe a year or so because my computer has been broken (or rather my laziness to do anything about it), but I need some help. And sorry if this is the wrong forum, too.

Anyway, so a while ago I dropped my PSP. It landed on the section where the WLAN switch is. it didn't break it, but it kind of loosened it and made it harder to turn on. About a month ago, I thought it would be a good idea to take the switch off because I couldn't turn the damn thing on, and figured if I got a toothpick or something in there I could get it to turn on. I ended up using a broken guitar pick, and it worked. Now, last night, the WLAN thing turned itself off again (which I hate that it does, it's just annoying), and I can't get it back on.

Keep in mind, I was on the internet that day, even, but suddenly in the few hours I didn't touch it and it was charging, the WLAN turned off. I was about to open up the PSP itself to try and find the WLAN switch internally and like tape it on if possible (with electrical tape, let's be professional here), but I didn't want to void the warranty.

Does anyone know if this is even covered in thr warranty, though? I've heard it costs like $80 to get a replacement, which is cheaper than getting a new Slim (which was my original plan of action, to get the God of War bundle, or the Star Wars one if I could find it). I don't want to wait long, though, because I literally just this week bought a new headset for it to be able to talk to my SOCOM clan of one year.

Is there a better idea than opening it? Should I try to sell it to someone? Would EB take it w/o the WLAN switch?

This sucks... :suicide2: