Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

[Question] SC into BW?

Well, I've been back to Starcraft for about, 3 days now.

I'm on the original, and I don't play melee, simply because I like laid back games, where you don't have to compete.

I browse the UMS section, and I'm tired of seeing all these noob mass attack games.. Like Golems, Air Wars, Evolves.. Where's all the RPs, Starship Troopers, Archon Tag, Cat vs Mouse? Impossible Scenarios.. They're all gone.

So one of my friends [who has BW] said to me "Get on Broodwar, we have like 3 RPs up, a few Cat vs Mouse, there's even an Impossible Scenarios Dirt" and really, I've bought like 7 BW's in the past 6 years, and I don't feel like buying another.

I was wondering, if there's some sort of way, with maybe an ISO or something, you could input the files from Broodwar into Starcraft, or if you got an ISO, could you install BW with an ISO runner, like MagicDisc?

Because I've gotten letters from Blizzard before, complaining about me using CD-Cracks, which I used because my BW was broken.

I want to run it legit, but not buy the disc, so that Blizzard can't detect that I never really had Brood War, I'd be open to any suggestions, as of now.. I'm going to DL an ISO and try what I said above, if it doesn't work.. Well I guess I'll stick to the nooby Golems, Air Wars, and Evolves.

/sigh

- REapER

they have a patch out now that you can just copy your MPQ file and never need a cd again. If this is the Repearz i know I'll just order you the cd and have it shipped to your house.

Go to battle.net > support and register your sc key, and they will give you a download for starcraft, and starcraft brood war because BW doesn't require a key. They give you the download because you provide the CDKEY =D .

Do I need to provide the Brood War CD?

Because I don't have it.

Or do you mean CD-Key?

screenhunter92aug040709fd6.jpg

I've been using BW ISO and Daemon Tools for a pretty long time by now. Just use BitTorrent and download it from somewhere.

I use an image as well. Also i just get a disk from my friend if i ever need to make a new one.

Just go to Blizzard's website and enter in your cd key, and they will give you a downloadable version of Starcraft and Brood War. Just make an account in the Blizzard Online Store and then go here https://www.blizzard.com/account/management/games.xml

Heres a SS of what it should look like after you make an account and enter in your keys. CDNUBCAKE.JPG

Gosh, you guys are such nubcakes =p rofl. This is a much easier way, and there is a 100% of not getting banned. =D

screenhunter92aug040709fd6.jpg

I've been using BW ISO and Daemon Tools for a pretty long time by now. Just use BitTorrent and download it from somewhere.

I use 120% alcohol and reset my clock to 2007 when ever I use it.

that doesnt give sense?

hey i play cat and mouse :P

seiously though i do :D

in fact i was jsut playing it yesterday ^_^

it the shit well not for the cat cuz he cant get meh but whatev xD

Just go to Blizzard's website and enter in your cd key, and they will give you a downloadable version of Starcraft and Brood War. Just make an account in the Blizzard Online Store and then go here https://www.blizzard.com/account/management/games.xml

Heres a SS of what it should look like after you make an account and enter in your keys. post-1334-1217831235_thumb.jpg

Gosh, you guys are such nubcakes =p rofl . This is a much easier way, and there is a 100% of not getting banned. =D

For some reason, when I click the link, it takes me to

http://www.megaclick.com/404/?lg=en&ty...anagement/games

Can you tell me where to go on there?

I'm at the Blizzard site, I can't see account. -.-

Heres a SS of what it should look like after you make an account and enter in your keys. CDNUBCAKE.JPG

Gosh, you guys are such nubcakes =p rofl . This is a much easier way, and there is a 100% of not getting banned. =D

For some reason, when I click the link, it takes me to

http://www.megaclick.com/404/?lg=en&ty...anagement/games

Can you tell me where to go on there?

I'm at the Blizzard site, I can't see account. -.-

Go to www.blizzard.com. Then go to top middle menu where it says Blizzard Store. You should be able to find a registration page there. However the store seems to be down right now o.o .

Definitely do what nine5one said to do, or do this...

Windows Users:

- Make sure you have "Hide extensions for known types" unchecked. To do this please use the following steps:

- Click Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> Windows Explorer

- Click on Tools -> Folder options (Windows Vista users may have to press the Alt key to see the tools option at the top of the window)

- Click on the View Tab In the list, look for the "Hide extensions for known file types" option, and make sure that it is unchecked.

- Click OK to save the changes.

- Now you will need to copy some files from the Game CDs

- If you own only StarCraft, copy "INSTALL.EXE" from the StarCraft CD to your StarCraft folder and rename it to "StarCraft.mpq".

- If you own StarCraft: Brood War, copy "INSTALL.EXE" from the StarCraft: Brood War CD to your StarCraft folder and rename it to "BroodWar.mpq". If you wish to play the StarCraft original missions then please copy and rename the install file from the original StarCraft CD as well, as listed directly above.

Mac users:

- If you own only StarCraft, copy "StarCraft Archive" from the StarCraft CD to your StarCraft folder.

- If you own StarCraft: Brood War, copy "Brood War Archive" from the StarCraft: Brood War CD to your StarCraft folder. If you wish to play the StarCraft original missions then please copy the Starcraft Archive file from the original StarCraft CD as well, as listed directly above.

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml...mp;pageNumber=1

When you download the installer that they have, and re-install starcraft it will install starcraft AND broodwar, AND it will automatically set you up with this style (The no-cd 'crack').

Hope this helps a bit, so yeah when the blizzard account login frees up, make an account, login, click on games, and give them your cd key, then dl it and re-install. Boom Done.