Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Starcraft Hosting Problem

Yo.

Me and my bro just got a new router today, a Linksys "Wireless-G Broadband Router" WRT54GL, which I am connecting to by cable. I disabled the SLI (?) Firewall, my bro portforwarded port 6112 to 6119, and he also did some other stuff. But nothing seems to be working! I still have 6 latency if people wanna join my game.

Wtf can be wrong?

Make sure you forwarded it for both tcp and udp packets and for the correct ip address (the one you see when you do "ipconfig" in the command prompt).

It could be that your ISP doesn't support online gaming. In that case you wont ever be able to host a game.

Edited by Zar

It may be a router problem. I was at my friend's house and he had the exact same problem. I went into his router and forwarded the correct port, but still had trouble joining and hosting games. When I googled the problem I found out people with the exact same router as his were having the problem where ports they forwarded, weren't be forwarded correctly and no matter what they did, they weren't able to fix the problem.

All I can say is double check your settings. Make sure it's for the correct port, both udp and tcp, forwarded to the correct ip address, that it's enabled, and if you have multiple systems on the network you may want to set a static ip address.

Well, I found a way to fix it, although it makes me somewhat vulnerable. I set DMZ for my computer, and I can host now. Weird...

Double Post so it gets bumped: The Lobby uses the port 7777 and that port is responsible for hosting stuff. Which means, after portforwarding 7777, it works flawlessly. All credits go to my bro for finding it out, and the people who wanted to join my 6 red bar game. <_<

So this is the whole thing:

Portforward 7777 to fix your hosting problems!

w00t, this helped me out a lot! except 7777 did work work for me, it was the 6112-6119. I guess it depends in router.

You should have that pinned in the support section, ALOT of people have problems with that.

Yo.

Me and my bro just got a new router today, a Linksys "Wireless-G Broadband Router" WRT54GL, which I am connecting to by cable. I disabled the SLI (?) Firewall, my bro portforwarded port 6112 to 6119, and he also did some other stuff. But nothing seems to be working! I still have 6 latency if people wanna join my game.

Wtf can be wrong?

i have same problem, and i have linksys router too D=