Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Stealthbot is falling apart.

For the past few weeks I've been trying to contact Eric and get a discussion going about the status of version 2.7. This way I could see what the plans are, possibility of adding more developers, and basically try get an answer or an update to what's happening. Basically, I'd of got the same result had I been a normal user and just had my post trashed.

This bot has become an absolute fucking joke. All the shit about it being out soon is just bullshit that they want, but aren't really putting in an effort to achieve it. Excuses about how they are busy and don't have time, and yet when they do have time more features just get added and riddle the development with another set of bugs. It's been over 2 and a half years, possibly close to 3, and yet non-beta testers are still left in the dark, only to have their posts trashed when inquiring about it's status.

With StarCraft 2 and Diablo 3 under development, Battle.net is set to revive itself upon SC2's release, and further pick up when D3 eventually hits. Rather than hoping StealthBot is still working, I'm starting work on my own bot, which is being written in C++. I won't be answering any questions or providing any information regarding this, nor will you see any links in my profile, and I won't be replying to any PM's regarding it. When it's out I'll publicize it my own way, through Battle.net and other forums.

As for my position here. I'll be nothing other than a long-time member and still continue to reply in threads here and there. But I don't intend to associate myself with StealthBot anymore.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=d...stealthbot+v2.7

Moved to the News forum because I feel the same way about Stealthbot's current status. This is definitely an issue the entire community deserves an answer for. ~Mega

http://www.stealthbot.net/board/index.php?showtopic=35686

sad, but true. I have been waiting for 2.7 for a LONG ASS time. Take a look at the announcements in 2.6r3.

[2:29:28 AM]>> StealthBot News

[2:29:28 AM] >> ---------------------

[2:29:28 AM] >> Battle.net Changes

[2:29:28 AM] >> ---------------------

[2:29:28 AM] >> Blizzard has made an addition version check system change.

[2:29:28 AM] >>

[2:29:28 AM] >> There is no way for you to patch this one at the time.

[2:29:28 AM] >> I am working on continuing to prepare the 2.7 release, which with

[2:29:28 AM] >> some concerted efforts can probably be launched by this weekend.

[2:29:28 AM] >> I will do my best. Thanks for your patience, and stay tuned to

[2:29:28 AM] >> http://www.stealthbot.net for updates.

this weekend my ass. that message hasn't been changed in ages.

:S

I never use SB, it doesn't even bypass the warden . . .

MB bypasses, and since most of my bots r stracraft then . . .

But i still kinda liked their forums :o

Well i really think ppl making stealbot dont want to release 2.7 so they keep adding in bugs 2 it.

lol that was very funny

Ruthless bot for the win! Stealthbot said how long ago 2.7 will be made? its just as bad as the starcraft game being delayed.

Ruthless bot for the win! Stealthbot said how long ago 2.7 will be made? its just as bad as the starcraft game being delayed.

Starcraft wasn't delayed 3 years, Stealthbot was. GG.

Lol im into nF now

Me 2 also why do u want 1095 posts by Nov 28

Stealthbot's a joke, the only reason they were popular is because noobs were always interested in having a bot, and Stealthbot was their answer.

More complicated bots aren't as popular, simply because they aren't as noob-friendly.

I still use Stealthbot though, simply because when I first started to play SC, I used it. [Hence the Noob Part] and I've stuck with it because it has all my custom flags, and custom access commands, and such.

I use it also its nice if u want to pop on and check to see if ur friends are on or if you just want to chat and not game. Now however with stupid warden I use MB.

starcraft ghost was,which is still starcraft.. and it was more than 3 years. GG

starcraft ghost was,which is still starcraft.. and it was more than 3 years. GG

It was canceled, not delayed. GG

No, it was "indefinitely delayed"

No it was also indefinitely made to not work on starcraft