Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Call of Duty 6 Announced

According to kotaku.com, Infinity Ward has begun production of Call of Duty 6.

No information about the game was revealed, but Activision's CEO Bobby Kotick stated that the game will be released in 2009. We know that Call of Duty 5 takes place during World War 2. We know that Call of Duty 4 took place in the present. And what about COD6? I'm not a fan of WW2 games so I hope that COD6 takes us back to the present.

Additionally, the article at Kotaku unveils something very interesting: it seems that Infinity Ward has a science-fiction project in the works...Would that be COD6? Personally, I like sci-fi games. I know some of you won't like the idea of having lasers and plasma cannons in COD6, but don't worry. There's no official word that COD6 will be a sci-fi shooter.

As we look ahead to calendar 2009, even though it is early, the slate is strong.

Our lineup will be anchored by: multiple new Guitar Hero SKUs; an all-new Call of Duty, utilizing our leapfrog studio strategy; and a completely reinvented Tony Hawk. In addition, we will launch Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 and we will have a number of movie titles, including Marvel’s Wolverine, Transformers 2, DreamWorks’ Monsters versus Aliens, and 20th Century Fox’s Ice Age.

i wonder why ppl seriously want to buy cod games after a while the same title gets boring

The company that's making CoD6 is the same one that made CoD4, 2, and the original. CoD6 wont come out until 2009 so it'd be about 2 years from when they released the last real CoD game (CoD4) assuming there are no delays.

Besides, they've made a new Madden every year for over a decade and people still buy that.

i wonder why ppl seriously want to buy cod games after a while the same title gets boring

well not everyone feels that way. i mean, i still enjoy most final fantasy games even though they have the same title. sometimes the title is part of what encourages people to try the game even.

i'm actually kinda excited about the possibility of it bein sci-fi. they aren't usually my thing, but COD4 is good enough to give me faith that they'd make a good sci-fi shooter, also.