Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Diablo III Ends A Trilogy

Designer: ‘Diablo III’ Rounds Out Trilogy, But Not The End Of ‘Diablo’

Posted by Tracey John on 8/12/08 at 10:00 am.

Not much has been revealed about “Diablo III“’s storyline, but lead designer Jay Wilson did tell me that the game will round out the story arc set up by the previous two games.

The plot behind “Diablo III” was developed with Blizzard’s VP of creative development Chris Metzen, who crafted the tales for the first two games. In the first “Diablo,” the player quests to kill the Lord of Terror.

Then in “Diablo II” and its expansion, the player is an adventurer set off to discover what happened to the warrior from the first title, who became corrupted, and fight the Prime Evils, other Hell-spawned superpowers unleashed by Diablo.

Wilson also told me that in addition to fan-favorite Deckard Cain, “Diablo III” will feature other characters from “Diablo” lore.

“We also tried to focus a little more on bringing characters back, and not just from ‘Diablo II’ but from ‘Diablo I,’” he said. “We feel like a lot of the focus is on ‘Diablo II’ but ‘Diablo I’ started it all and has a lot of really good stuff on the gameplay side and on the character side. So people can expect to see characters from ‘Diablo I,’ more characters from ‘Diablo II,’ and characters from some of the books. We’re definitely going to bring a few of them in.”

And while “Diablo III” ends the trilogy, fans needn’t worry — it’s not the final curtain for “Diablo.” “We’re not saying this is the end of the ‘Diablo’ universe, but we are trying to bring this storyline to a close,” Wilson said. “It’s not just ‘Diablo III’ — we’ve got plans beyond.”

Is it too soon to start complaining about the art style of “Diablo IV“?

Source: http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/08/12/...-iii-storyline/

I'm trying to show some Diablo 3 News love.

I just can't imagine what Diablo IV would be like... O_o

Imagine how Diablo XXX would look like.

LOLZ

lol would be nice to get the old chars even tho i never knew who they are lol

im more of a Warcraft and Starcraft player but i own all blizzard games and diablo 1 and 2 was awesome i looked on blizzards official d3 site which had some videos and teh game looked very nice witchdoctor looks EVIL lawls i want that game so bad... but im sure they aint just gonna end Diablo like that concidering blizzard only has 3 games Warcraft Starcraft and Diablo no WoW isnt nothing its a variation of warcraft and think of 1/3 loss it just wont happen and i heard rumors of a WoW movie :D

Well it is good to see them bringing back some of the story line in the book and in the original. I just hope it doesn't plop.

Interesting, never played D1 so I could get confused on d3 lol

lol @ Zar/VoLTaGe's avatars :D

Ewww, World of Warcraft movie. I'm disgusted by the simple thought of that.

....Zhuinden.....

Don't say such things when im here :D, It hurts.

Whoops. Sorry!

Neways, they'll probably make another game of Diablo afterwards later, like how SC:Ghost was supposed to be done.