Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

i'm a stoner now D:

Cannabis certainly isn't healthy but I'd prefer to see some statistics and not just what's associated with marijuana use. Even though marijuana isn't healthy it's not even the top 10 worst drugs (which both alcohol and tobacco are).

Here is a statistic:

Polen MR, Sidney S, Tekawa IS, Sadler M, Friedman GD. Health care use by frequent marijuana smokers who do not smoke tobacco. West J Med 158(6):596–601, 1993.

"Nonetheless, marijuana smokers can have many of the same respiratory problems as tobacco smokers, such as daily cough and phlegm production, more frequent acute chest illness, a heightened risk of lung infections, and a greater tendency toward obstructed airways. A study of 450 individuals found that people who smoke marijuana frequently but do not smoke tobacco have more health problems and miss more days of work than nonsmokers. Many of the extra sick days among the marijuana smokers in the study were for respiratory illnesses. "

2008-08-17_1243.png

This is a data table from the exact study you that was cited in the article you quoted. Non-smokers were even admitted to a hospital more often. The rest of the data that sides against marijuana use is insignificant (about only a 10% difference from the non-smokers). It's also not a very fair study because it also samples people who use other drugs so we don't don't know if some of the information was a result of marijuana or a different drug.

I don't smoke marijuana and never have but I know that marijuana isn't some evil drug.

...Its stupid using drugs for getting high you destroy your body. Another "bonus" is you could harm someone else. And Plutomic drugs damage brain cells, could make your grammar even worst

If you're going to post here, why are you dissing him?

It's his decision to become a stoner, posting "Go die" won't cause him any harm, it'll make yourself look like a dumbass.

Not like he cares what you think.

I've been a stoner for a long time now, I can tell you're a new one, frankly when I started at 13, Me and my friend were munching on chips, and all of a sudden we started laughing for no reason cause it was so messed up that we were just sitting there and making "mmmmm" sounds cause the chips and candy was so good.

We smoked Purple Kush for the first time about 6 months ago, it was great.

well,im not smokin the good shit yet.. im just freeloadin off my friend who gets cheap shit. But it is fun :D

i just hate the taste :( people say it tastes good.. But personally it tastes like shit

your proably smoking red bud that shit will kill ya (not literally but its nasty)

never smoked any weed from canada so i wouldnt know most of the shit i smoke is locally grown(cali)

That is only because it is the cheap crap mixed in with a bunch of nastyness. I for one have had my experiences with marijuana for a few years and it really isn't that great. I hope that you are not an addictive personality or it might get pretty bad for you down the line.

(speaking to plutomic)

Zar stfu weed aint bad ive smoked it for 4 years till i started looking for a job again

thats the only bad thing about weed is its illegal thus preventing you from getting a job but they have wonderful drinks they clean you system quickly :( and ive never seen weed as the cause of someone loseing there job/life whatever

so smoke up or if you dont thats kool more for me :(

One of my friends got a 1750 on his SAT the first time he took it.

The second time, he was high. He got a 2370.

No one is reading the article i posted. Holy crap people comon.

No one is reading the article i posted. Holy crap people comon.

because weed isnt bad..

i'm a stoner now D:

this explains how i feel about you being a stoner

me --> :cookie?: <-- you

i'm a stoner now D:

this explains how i feel about you being a stoner

me --> :cookie?: <-- you

I lol'ed

zar cmon i mean hes bragging like it makes him uber cool or some shit yet he doesn't know, NO ONE CARES!!!!

plutomic you don't need to become a stoner just so you can try be cool on a website. We don't think that you are cooler for being a stoner. Maybe if you show some respect to people on this site and stop acting like a dick then we would consider you a little more "cool" I would drop this futile attempt for attention and stat on this site by saying you're a stoner. It just won't work.

Being a stoner doesn't make you bad ass.

smoking anything is bad. You guys seem to forgot the amount of smoke filling your lungs with every hit. The lungs purpose isn't for inhaling smoke... on purpose anyways

Not listen to science? right... whens the last time we did that? Science isn't bad, it's what we do with that knowledge that gets us in trouble. Science is what is allowing you to type on your computer. Whens the last time you got sick or last time you used a pen to write with?

If you think some of the stuff in weed is good for you, they make pills you can take to get all that "good" stuff without smoking it.

another thing.. try getting a job smoking weed everyday of your life. any decent paying job will surprise you with random UA's

OK, ALL YOU FUCKING NEWBS SAYING "MARIJUANA IS BAD" "SMOKING IS BAD" "IT'S BAD IF YOU DO IT TOO MUCH..

I RECOMMEND YOU WATCH A NICE LITTLE MOVIE TITLED SUPER HIGH ME.... NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH SUPER SIZE ME.

Basically,what happens is the guy is stoned for 30 days fucking straight. Guess what happens? NOTHING... NOTHING HAPPENS.. Nothing FUCKING HAPPENED.. HE smoked basically every few hours. He was always high.. NOTHING HAPPENED. At the end of the 30 days,ran some tests... NOTHING WAS WRONG... He lost like 2% of his lung capacity, and that's from smoking for a month straight, and it could easily be an error..

LOL! PLUTOMIC IS A DRUGGIE NOW?

He is going to end up just like one of my good friends Andrew. Sadly, he is in the hospital now.

You seriously should have expected this controversy when you were making this topic.

i think its funny how he brags about it cause he thinks hes cool now.

Agreed. Weed does not make you cool. For that matter, no drug makes you cool.

OK, ALL YOU FUCKING NEWBS SAYING "MARIJUANA IS BAD" "SMOKING IS BAD" "IT'S BAD IF YOU DO IT TOO MUCH..

I PROVE YOU WRONG BY RECOMMENDING A MOVIE!

BLah lablablahlbahblahblalbahblah.

Too bad we are right. You'll end up as an idiot. Of course, if you are one now, then it's not really an issue.

i didn't make it because i think im cool.. I made it so that way the few stoners here would be happy to know i have joined in the fun..

You know guys,i used to be just like you.... Go get high,just once... You'll love it.

You know plutomic a lot of us used to be just like you, until we found better things to do. :sex:

You know plutomic a lot of us used to be just like you, until we found better things to do.

boom head shot

any ways plutomic I've been high before its not that great

Used to be just like us? That is a little presumptuous don't you think?

I used to smoke back in high school. I stopped becuase any girl that was worth a damn wasn't attracted to me becuase i smelled bad (like weed). Sure I could get any of the stoner girls but they intellectually didn't stimulate my interests. Not only that but adults wouldn't give you the time of day. Yes, respect is important to me and when you smoke pot and baked all the time and smell bad, people tend to not give you much respect.

as for that movie.. I haven't seen it but i'm sure it was as accurate as Fahrenheit 9/11

Look at what the comedian that did that movie even said:

During the post-screening Q&A, however, Benson was quick to point out that the film doesn't exactly glorify pot. "I looked like a total idiot," Benson told an audience member who lectured him for "only showing the positive sides of pot."

yeah... im positive it was YOU who stank.. It wasn't the weed. You just had hygiene issues. Where i live,it's a little different.. You probably live in some rich white suburb with that one token black guy who is scared to act ghetto. Well,I don't live in nice place like you. Im pretty sure almost everyone at my school smokes weed. The end. It's not like a big deal at my school.. No girl is gonna be like "fuck you,you smoke". Itll be more like "fuck me,while we smoke together"... :D