Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

How do I make AIM not suck?

How do I make AIM not suck? It looks so goddamn horrible that it disgusts every single portion of my soul to the realm of torture and pain. I have no idea how to make it look less ugly.

Does anyone have any tips on what I can do to have an AIM Messenger that isn't so horrid? Like how WLM can be patched with MessPatch so it wouldn't be so damn horrible. Because I have to get an AIM and AIM by itself is hilariously disgusting.

Btw. Pidgin didn't really want to send File Transfer offers for me, and that's annoying, so don't say that :D

Use http://www.meebo.com . It doesnt lag your computer at all, and you dont even have to download a client =D .

Meebo logs your convos onto public servers tho :.

I love Trillian, ditch aim and go for trill, then you wont have to worry about any shitty IM apps.

Use http://www.meebo.com . It doesnt lag your computer at all, and you dont even have to download a client =D .

And meebo allows other meebo users to run Javascript on YOUR computer. That's a bad thing... >_>

Try digsby

It's a rip off, but it actually works.

Trillian is good.

Pidgin. The best one out there IMO.

Pidgin? That one only really is good if you are using Linux IMO.

It works on Windows very well. I use it on Windows.

It didn't handle file transfers right for me so I ditched it.

i have used bouth pidgin and trillian and from what i have gathered trillian pro is the best chat client in existence i have all so used trillian for 3 years now and never a problem

lol i dont think it really looks that baddddd xD

Get gAIM..i think it might be by a different name now.

or you can try DeadAIM+AIM 5.5. I love that one. No banners, not much resources used, tabbed Ims, etc.

Getting AIM to not suck is like getting a Vacuum to not suck.... AIM is built to suck....

I use Trillian Pro, it's pretty good.

Nothing wrong with versions of AIM previous to 6.0..