Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

[GUIDE] Set up a WoTLK server

Before i post it all credits go to GodOfWar.

-------------------------------------------------

This is a short guide how you can set up a Wrath of the lich king private server. Follow the steps and you will have your Wotlk private server within some minutes. Note, this wotlk private server guide is still in beta stage!

Requirements :

-Wrath of the Lich King Beta client (not Alpha , you can uninstall it because it's useless now)

enUS Beta Client : http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/downloads/c...oader-enUS.html

enGB Beta Client : http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/downloads/c...oader-enGB.html

-I'm recommending you [REPACK] WotLK MaNGOS Compiled by Mogrein for this

-Latest Wrath of the Lich King Beta patch (update the game after installation)

-Navicat / HeidiSQL (for importing the .SQL files into the server database)

-MySQL any version (to get Navicat / HeidiSQL working)

-The most important thing : A little bit knowledge about making private servers.

Step one :

1.Download the repack and extract it in a New Folder (you can rename it if you desire)

2.After in the repack's folder there is a folder named "DBC & Map Extractor" double click on it and copy / paste the ad.exe in the Wrath of the Lich King Beta folder.

3.Double click on ad.exe and a box will show up , it will automatically create a folder named "DBC" and "Maps".

4.After the box disappears (means that it's done) , cut / paste the "DBC" & "Maps" folder in the repack folder.

Step Two :

1.Install MySQL and after double click on it and let it open.

2.In my case open Navicat and create new Connection (local host) and after new Databases named like this :

"Characters" , "Realmd" , "mangos" and "scriptdev2".

3.After you can find these in the Database folder @ Repack for "Execute Batch File".

4.Execute each database with the matching one , "Realmd" with Realmd.sql , "mangos" with mangos.sql "Characters" with Characters.sql and "scriptdev2" with scriptdev2.sql

Step Four :

1.Open mangosd.conf file (with Notepad / Wordpad) and edit (in my case) "ascent" written with red , with your MySQL password.

Code:

LoginDatabaseInfo = "127.0.0.1;3306;root;ascent;realmd"

WorldDatabaseInfo = "127.0.0.1;3306;root;ascent;mangos"

CharacterDatabaseInfo = "127.0.0.1;3306;root;ascent;characters"

2.Do the same thing with the Realmd.conf

Code:

LoginDatabaseInfo = "127.0.0.1;3306;root;ascent;realmd"

3.Set your realmlist

Code:

set realmlist 127.0.0.1

(Wrath of the Lich King beta realmlist.wtf).

4.Delete your cache.

5.Open MySQL , Realmd and after mangosd.

6.Write in the mangosd console "setbc administrator 1" that means it will enable TBC on the administrator account.

7.Login with Username / Password : administrator / administrator

8.Enjoy!

Good luck with your own Wrath of the lich king beta private server! I think Wotlk will become a huge success!