Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Election '08

Choice  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who Do you want it to be?

• McCain/Palin
    • Obama/Biden

Call me racist, call me whatever you want. But there is no chance I will ever vote for someone whos name is Barack Hussein Obama and was raised for the first 10 years of their life in a Muslim dominant country.

I'm going to refrain from posting an opinion about this subject of discussion due to the volatility of the subject. Whoever is the next President will affect me more than most people anyway.

Damn. I was looking forward to your opinion on the matter. I think yours above everyone else I would respect the most becuase of where you're at.

Okay, let me put a few things strait. First of all, using the term nigger and meaning it is a derogatory term and is racist no matter how it's used. So, please refrain from using it in the serious discussion boards. Second of all, both McCain and Obama are smart men, otherwise they wouldn't be where they are today. How about discussing some of their positive traits and having an intelligent conversation about those traits. Then we can discuss why you do or don't support or agree with their political standpoints?

On the bright side, both candidates are smarter than our current President ^_^

Dude W is a great President, someday he will be idolized for his war in Iraq and etc. Every President is despised in his age. Like I said before All the great Presidents werent "liked".

Also if my usage of nigger to say that Obama, who clearly is a nigger, offended any other "African-Americans" then I am sorry. I meant to say nigger in the way of his colour of his skin as in black.

Ok well my opinion is I like McCain because he is more experienced and he seemed to be the more decisive president and what America needs is DECISIVENESS. Not a dilly dally president like Obama. He has no experience whatsoever, and truthfully I would be for Democrats if it were the other way around Biden for P and Obama for VP. but well thats my opinion. I really dont like McCain's choice of Palin as his VP. However it may be a strategic move to gain the vote of women. But seriously McCain is MOST LIKELY TO WIN. He holds the Southern States.

Also if my usage of nigger to say that Obama, who clearly is a nigger, offended any other "African-Americans" then I am sorry. I meant to say nigger in the way of his colour of his skin as in black.

:suicide:

Ok well my opinion is I like McCain because he is more experienced and he seemed to be the more decisive president and what America needs is DECISIVENESS. Not a dilly dally president like Obama. He has no experience whatsoever, and truthfully I would be for Democrats if it were the other way around Biden for P and Obama for VP. but well thats my opinion. I really dont like McCain's choice of Palin as his VP. However it may be a strategic move to gain the vote of women. But seriously McCain is MOST LIKELY TO WIN. He holds the Southern States.

1 usually offensive; see usage paragraph below : a black person
2 usually offensive; see usage paragraph below : a member of any dark-skinned race
3: a member of a socially disadvantaged class of persons <it's time for somebody to lead all of America's niggers…all the people who feel left out of the political process — Ron Dellums>usage 

Nigger in senses 1 and 2 can be found in the works of such writers of the past as Joseph Conrad, Mark Twain, and Charles Dickens, but it now ranks as perhaps the most offensive and inflammatory racial slur in English. Its use by and among blacks is not always intended or taken as offensive, but, except in sense 3, it is otherwise a word expressive of racial hatred and bigotry.

I think you need to take a step back and get a reality check. You're so far off base at this point it's just as offensive for you to call Obama a nigger as it is to say you know what America needs. It's true that picking a woman for his VP have been a political move and could in turn work in his favor (and probably has). But as of now, Obama is leading in the polls. Since all you seem to talk about is sexism and racism, your voice of opinion really has no grounds and is otherwise meaningless.

Anyone who post's something like this again will be banned from the topic.

-----

I have yet to pick who I want to vote for yet. But have you guys checked out both candidates website's? Obama's website is amazingly well done compared to McCains.

http://www.johnmccain.com/

http://www.barackobama.com/

Not a dilly dally president like Obama. He has no experience whatsoever...

Chobo, I am sorry, but how short sighted you are...i wanna just call you a fucking dumbass...

Abraham Lincoln

-8 yrs - Illinois House of Representatives

-2 yrs - U.S. House of Representatives

Barack Obama

-8 yrs - Illinois State Senate

-4 yrs - U.S. Senate

Wasn't Lincoln one of the best presidents? I think so! Experience is not the most important quality in electing a leader. I think instead, it is better to focus on morality, ethics, policy, intelligence, character, judgment, and integrity.

Dude W is a great President, someday he will be idolized for his war in Iraq and etc. Every President is despised in his age. Like I said before All the great Presidents werent "liked".

I agree, Bush is a good president.

I think it just sucks to be a president in the internet age. I don't care who the President is, they will be hated, even though they don't deserve much of it, i would be pissed at the Legislative branch, not Executive.

Ok Ghozt I would like to say I've explained my use of the word "nigger" as a person of black colored skin. Second off I never said any sexist comment, I just said that McCain's choice of Palin the person, not Palin the woman was a bad choice. But I understand it because its all political strategy.

Ok now to Monki I don't know if you noticed that America has changed alot since the Civil War. Before the Civil War America wasn't a global power, as it is now. Current America is a global leader in economics, politics, etc. Now since I live in the modern times (2008) I meant Foreign policy experience NOT DOMESTIC. ALSO Obama has only 4 years of experience in the US Congress. The 8 years is a state legislature. So YES there is a difference between state and federal. Ok I never said Lincoln was a bad President. I believe he was a GREAT President. Ok and EXPERIENCE IS VERY IMPORTANT IN CHOOSING A PRESIDENT!!!! If you want a person with good morals, integrity, character thats good too. I think its good to have someone with that but someone with the qualities stated+EXPERIENCE. If you choose the President with the qualities you stated you basically asking for someone like the Pope.

Oh yeah Ghozt don't be so naive. The polls lie man.- US History 101.

Look up Bush v Gore 2000 Campaign. The Polls said GORE WON!!! FALSE. Bush Won.

And also people don't give me all this mumbo jumbo Bush Cheated. Too late for that. Times up Bush is about to leave.

So if i said fuck you XGhozt, but my use of the word fuck is love, then its ok..

and i go to an elementary school and just scream fuck and its perfectly fine.

---

and bush won by electoral votes not overall votes. thats just the way Americas system works.

Ok now you are bit mixed up. The first part if you mean fuck you ghozt and it means love you then I guess its fine. The latter is your choice. I mean if you scream "fuck" in front of the children then you are not doing anything wrong because you are practicing your freedom of speech right. I find nothing wrong with that. Once again it is just a word.

And yeah I know of the electoral college. I mentioned Bush because Ghozt mentioned polls about how Obama is leading McCain. I simply said that the polls are pretty much not accurate since its just an opinion of who the people are going to vote and gave him the Bush/Gore campaign of 2000 as an example of the misleading polls.

FACT Americans decide their candidates 72 hours before the election.

You can easily see how incompetent Palin is from the one debate that she had with Biden. Go, search it up.

Second, we seriously need all that crap Obama is pushing for. The energy stuff, that is. We're screwed to hell and back if we continue to depend on oil. Why do you think we went into Iraq in the first place? To keep the oil coming in.

Experience does you no good if you do all the wrong things, and you have been doing the wrong things for years. Obama has concrete evidence how John McCain voted against the very same ideals that his is pushing for now. What does that tell you about McCain? It's merely a campaining trick. He's trying to fool you to vote for him, and voila, he reverts to old ways.

Also Chobo, nigger is offensive. Almost always.

And, the link above about the polls, it converts it into electoral votes, not just percentage. So if you wanna argue against somebody's point, please look up their counterarguments before you begin falsely refuting them.

AND, depsite the fact that votes only count during the actual election... pre-poll projections are generally quite accurate.

Ok you believe that McCain is just lying to get votes? Have you ever thought that Obama could be lying. Well sure Palin may not be as experienced as Obama or Biden, hell I don't really like her much. I prefer Romney, whom I really wanted to be the GOP VP, but McCain chose Palin maybe as a political strategy this we really dont know.

Second off what energy stuff are you talking about that Obama is pushing for? If you didn't notice McCain too has an energy program not dependent on oil. He firmly believes in nuclear power. Palin strongly disagrees with oil drilling in Alaska. Also the main reason for going into Iraq we really do not know. President Bush claimed "Weapons of Mass Destruction" but the truth we do not know. Also please do elaborate on which subjects that McCain is tricking us so he can get the vote and revert back. I do not know what you are talking about.

Oh and I have to disagree with you saying that experience is not good if you do wrong things. I would like to know what you mean by "wrong".

Ok now about the polls. Does it convert to electoral vote? FALSE It does not. Polls are just surveys that people take to get an estimate of where the vote will be. If yo had read my previous post I said that people decide on the candidate 72 hr before the election. Apparently you do not know how an electoral college works so I have done a little research for you.

The electors vote for whomever they fit suitable for the position, but usually vote for the winner of the popular vote. However sometimes they may vote against the candidate even though they won the popular vote.

"Most of the time, electors cast their votes for the candidate who has received the most votes in that particular state. However, there have been times when electors have voted contrary to the people's decision, which is entirely legal. Although if you do vote against your party, you'll most likely be simultaneously forfeiting your post as elector and you may even incur a hefty fine -- see the sidebar on faithless electors. " http://history.howstuffworks.com/american-...al-college3.htm

Please elaborate what you are saying. I don't want to jump to any conclusion by misinterpreting your words like everyone else seems to do in here with mine.

obama_anthem.jpg

This is false. Try searching for it.

There wasn't a flag in front of him. He didn't have to do it...

And either way, this picture was captured before or after the pledge. You can't say what is going on in that picture...

Watch the news reel that I posted. It wasn't during the pledge it was during the national anthem on live tv. If you even read the caption below the picture it suggests it is the national anthem not the pledge.

Excuse me... I meant anthem.

Thanks for pointing out my minor error. Either way... He is not in the wrong.

According to the sources there isn't a flag near by. Check Snopes.

Either way... That is only there to cause emotion in the readers. Sort of like this: http://voteforthenigger.com

chobo, experiance is required so you at least know what the fk is going on.....but you make it sound like its the ONLY THING...dont be so closed-minded

I don't see how anyone can vote for mccain. Honestly he just wants to continue what Bush has already FUBAR'd. Our country has lost more money (percent wise) than it did in the 1920's depression. about a million americans have lost their home's because this moron is in office and couldn't run a 3rd grade class, let alone a country.

He turned the surplus which Clinton gained, into a 10 trillion dollar debt. McCain will just do the same.

People are racist, so they won't vote for Obama. McCain has Sarah Palin, which won over 50% of America's married women.

All of these are opinions.

First off you say people are racist so they wont vote for Obama, but for the same reason people will vote for him (There are a lot of black who support him blindly)

Also, did you see the debate (only saw part two) Obama looked like a idiot.

about a million americans have lost their home's because this moron is in office and couldn't run a 3rd grade class, let alone a country.

Wasn't the Governments fault for the market going down, they are just trying to save it.

Tons of people are voting for Obama, he promises "Free Health Care, Free blah blah blah" Well just tax the people with more money! Its the new Robin Hood policy or something... Thats why California is always democrat, we have ton of poor immigrants that want free shit.

chobo, experiance is required so you at least know what the fk is going on.....but you make it sound like its the ONLY THING...dont be so closed-minded

Ok since you only named experience in your post and stated nothing else that is required you are saying experience is required. And no shit its required to know whats going on wtf do you learn things for? Ok second off, had you have the slightest ability to read my previous posts I said that experience is important because we will need decisiveness.

Ok well my opinion is I like McCain because he is more experienced and he seemed to be the more decisive president and what America needs is DECISIVENESS. Not a dilly dally president like Obama. ....

I think Monki you need to go to this site and discover about yourself.

Monki GO HERE!!!

Congratulations to Obama!

Congratulations to Obama!

Agreed!

Congrats Obama!

Woohooo.