Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

StarCraft II Split Into Three Games

October 10, 2008 - ANAHEIM--Blizzard dropped a bombshell at the 2008 Blizzcon today by announcing that StarCraft II, the highly-awaited sequel to the smash hit 1998 real-time strategy game, StarCraft, has been split into three. The company said that StarCraft II now consists of three different stand-alone titles--one for each faction campaign. The first of the StarCraft II trilogy will be StarCraft II Terrans: Wings of Liberty. The second will be StarCraft II Zerg: Heart of the Swarm, with the third and final installment of the main trilogy being StarCraft II Protoss: Legacy of the Void.

That's the jist of the article. for the entire article proceed to move your pissed cursors onto this link:

Source: http://pc.ign.com/articles/918/918895p1.html

Maybe this is why the friggen game is gonna take much longer than D3. It has that much more content than before. D:

The way Blizzard is doing this seems like we're going to be playing the campaign for a long time

Maybe this means that we'll be able to play the storyline for each race right from the very beginning, from Starcraft original :o

I probably won't play the campaign. Just go online... xD

Wow, that's awesome. Thanks for the update!

October 10, 2008 - ANAHEIM--Blizzard dropped a bombshell at the 2008 Blizzcon today by announcing that StarCraft II, the highly-awaited sequel to the smash hit 1998 real-time strategy game, StarCraft, has been split into three. The company said that StarCraft II now consists of three different stand-alone titles--one for each faction campaign. The first of the StarCraft II trilogy will be StarCraft II Terrans: Wings of Liberty. The second will be StarCraft II Zerg: Heart of the Swarm, with the third and final installment of the main trilogy being StarCraft II Protoss: Legacy of the Void.

That's the jist of the article. for the entire article proceed to move your pissed cursors onto this link:

Source: http://pc.ign.com/articles/918/918895p1.html

Doesn't GC have like a News update person, that posts news on here, cause some sites even non SC related ones had this news first than both GC and BWhacks. >.> just saying lol. By first I mean days >.>

I think XGhozt removed my power to News Mod because I can't allow even my own posts to be displayed in the News sections. I didn't get the article until today and as soon as I found out I posted it here. As far as I know my post was before Speedskaters (reguardless of the date of his post) I looked before posting and saw nothing, and for some reason my post was copied over into his and it then displayed mine a few posts down (Some really big ass forum bug if you ask me) I don't know really what happend.

I posted it

It didn't display

It's showing Speed as the OP with everything I said in full context

It allowed others to post

It then randomly decided to post my post

XGhozt, You Got Some Explainin To Do!

If you want the full storyline yes, but each disc is fully multi-playable online. You don't get just one race that you can play with period on each disc, each one comes with all the units and all, the storylines are just different.

Doesn't GC have like a News update person, that posts news on here, cause some sites even non SC related ones had this news first than both GC and BWhacks. >.> just saying lol. By first I mean days >.>

They anounced this on Saturday the 10th....

i didnt read many posts but... sc2 comes out on December third.... so quit your bitchen

Edited by Nuker

Thanks for the update!

That just means they are going to make more money off of it. Oh well . . . I am still going to buy all three! :)

Wonder if it's 3 dvds worth of stuff. I've waited this long for Sc2. It better have 10 years worth of content!

I'm probably getting the Terran one.

real sc fan would get all three :biggrin:

I'm probably getting the Terran one.

real sc fan would get all three :biggrin:

Better believe it! :sweat:

i am getting all 3 i just hope they have all cds in one case or somthing and you gotta know the story line who knows what you might find but what i want to know is the map editor is it gonna be easy to learn or hard

Im definitly getting all three, theres no way I wouldent do this campaign.

if you waited this long for sc2 and just do ONE campaign...-->WASTE NOOOBLET ^^

and as a mapmaker i cant wait to see the editor :)

I'm probably getting all three I loved the campaign of the orig SCs and want to see what happens

I am getting all three. This gets me mad though.

I am getting all three. This gets me mad though.

Blizzard is good at that.