Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

WC 3 TFT Help Needed - Full Ver Needed??

I just got my WC3 Battlechest. but when i installed the original Warcraft 3 (Reign of Chaos) when i pop in the Frozen Throne disc it says "Full version of Warcraft 3 is required to play...

Do you know if the installer for ROC is even editing the registry?

what do you mean. i have heard that sometimes the game does not edit the registry. but when i click on Warcraft III in my Registry Editor it only comes up with... Battle.net Gateways

The main thing to look for is the install path. The installer for the expansion searches for this to let it know where you installed ROC. But since you apparently have the install path, I have no idea what may be going wrong. Unless that install path is wrong for some reason...

hmmm... looks like i'll need help from Blizzard's tech support. but they usualy tell me what to do on what i've already done and they takes gaes to reply.

Then I'd let them know what you've done so far, before you ask them what should I do next?

I have starcraft diablo 2 and wc3 installed and there is nothing wrong except for the fact that d2 takes like 10 minutes to load.

I am on vista so that might be the problem. If your on vista try running it as admin if on xp idk whats wrong.

Can you actually PLAY WC3:ROC?

You could always try registering FT electronically on their website. Just enter your CD Key for the game and they'll give you an installer for it.