Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Diablo II LoD Loads Slow on Vista

Well I havn't installed Diablo 2 even after i reinstalled windows on my computer.

Reason is after installation was complete every time I would try to run Diablo II LoD it would take like 7 minutes to load and i kept getting tired of that.

I am on Windows Vista (Ehh i know) I can play Diablo 2 fine on xp.

I change the settings that i was able to run it on xp sp2 and still the same thing happens.

Anyone know how to fix this? Also If i remember when installing was done it said Diablo 2 didnt install correctly or something liket that.

No idea. I assume you've already tried compatibility mode and it hasn't worked. I would suggest googling it or wait to see if another member here can help you.

No idea. I assume you've already tried compatibility mode and it hasn't worked. I would suggest googling it or wait to see if another member here can help you.

Yes i tried the compatibilty mode still the same thing. This is mostly the reason why I dont play diablo 2 anymore, but I would really want to participate in the new ladder. In a few weeks imma install xp on this computer cuz im so tired of vista.

This is a feature in Vista, i beleive the lastest patch removes that wonderful feature.

I might be able to help you a little bit when you get back into it. :)

PM me once you do.

Okay b4 installing Diablo 2 I installed all of vista updates. After that I installed diablo 2 and of course like b4 and other vista users that screen that says id did not install correctly poped up. I went to the blizzard site i got the new patch and i put the d2 to run as admin and that it ran well with xp sp2. AND yet still it takes 4-5 minutes for diablo 2 to load any help?