Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Little issue

Well guys im having computer issues again :thumbsup: lets see who can help

The other day i was transferring some files to my external hdd well windows locked up completely ctrl alt delete didn't work my music stopped dead mouse wouldn't move.... i let it sit all day while i went to school. well i came home nothing happened since i had left... so i shut it off and turned it back off.... well aparently it was doing something important well long story short it fucked windows os... about a week before that i had gotten my ubuntu disk in the mail so i decided to put it to use and installed ubuntu till i could burn a disk of windows ( i made a copy of my disk and have it iso'ed on my external hdd) anyways i install it and everythings fine well i write the cd and attempt to go back to windows... but when the cd starts to load windows it gives me the blue screen of death.... (from the cd not the hdd) so i was like "wtf" and tried again it kept doing it so finally i said "fuck it" and busted out my other computers hdd and put it in, selected windows well it started to load windows then it gave the blue screen of death on THAT hard drive as well.. ( i checked to make sure the windows on that hard drive worked before i hooked it up to this computer) so i attempted to reformat the hard drive still as soon as the disk attempted to load windows it blue screen of deathed me

Later that day i looked up the error code on a site (error code: stop 0x0000007B ) which loosely translates toowindows losing access to the system parion or boot volume during the start up process

well i opened up linux using the cd and booted from the cd and erased every trace of linux off my original hdd and every trace off the 2nd hdd well long story short is, its still giving me the blue screen of death.... WHICH makes me believe something linux related got in my bios.... what i need from you guys to do is to help me fix this shit or at least jerry rig it till christmas when i get a new mobo and stuff....

Thanks in advance for any help

(im making this post via linux cd boot :P (which might i add still works with no issues >.> )

How on earth would Linux modify your BIOS, you can't be that stupid.

Also, you should tell us the entire message it gives you when you get a BSoD, after the text that "Windows stopped to prevent any damage to your ssystem, lalalalalalaa." Because that would be the key to why this is happening.

it has to be bios related.

think about it why would it give the blue screen of death if i put in a hard drive that has a workiung windows on it!?!?!?!?!?!?!? not to mention its impossible to bsod from the disk!!!! im not stupid dude i thought this threw the entire weekend and so far this week bios is the only thing that explains it. not to mention linux disk loads and boots fine now my windows disk won't even load.

The bios cannot be touched. It was designed that way so that stupid people could not modify it and fuck it up. If you were having bios problems, you would know. Your computer would not start and you would have to get a new mobo. Your problem is very interesting, I will have to look into it but it is NOT a bios problem.

I know this because I am taking a class specifically devoted to this subject area. The only way your bios can be touched is if it is flashed. I doubt this will help 1% but clear your CMOS.

i have already done that on multiple occasions but thanks for attempting to help wormy.... but bios related is the only thing that makes sense to me its not like every hard drive in my house went bad at once >.> or something.....

also did i mention that after a few attempts trying to load xp with the 2nd hard drive, i tried to load it again on the 2nd computer and it can no longer find the OS. HOWEVER when i plug it in this computer again it attempts to boot windows.... but of course bsods and restarts before it even shows the bsod

try dans boot n nuke. But the BIOS cannot be touched. I know, I am in a computer repair class. If it is a bios issue. You need a new mobo. there is NO way to fix a bios problem. That is not a joke. I can email my teacher and ask if he would know what the problem is.

its impossible to bsod from the disk!

Sure it is, of course, a video card, internet adapter card, sound card, RAM, the stuff that are required for memory management on your motherboard, surely are not needed in order to run a disk, let alone use the computer. What about the hard drive? That can have problems too. You can't know for sure.

If it was a frickin BIOS problem, you wouldn't get to the frickin question whether you want to boot from your CD or not. I thought you can reset it though, but maybe the BIOS is the thing that is carved into your ROM. It might be that way, and then you can't. Hmmm.... I'm sure you can UPDATE a BIOS, therefore I guess you're supposed to be able to change it somewhat.

Sure it is, of course, a video card, internet adapter card, sound card, RAM, the stuff that are required for memory management on your motherboard, surely are not needed in order to run a disk,
well yes of course BUT it all works fine i've tested all my equipment on the other computer it all works fine no errors nothing. and i've tried to reformat multiple hard drives and they all give the bsod. so its not the hard drive. and yes they all worked before i attempted the reformat.

try dans boot n nuke. But the BIOS cannot be touched. I know, I am in a computer repair class. If it is a bios issue. You need a new mobo. there is NO way to fix a bios problem. That is not a joke. I can email my teacher and ask if he would know what the problem is.

well yes i know theres no way to fix the bios let alone have an os fuck with it. but what im saying is even with multiple hard drives i cant get it to boot windows because as soon as it gets to the loading screen it bsod's and restarts.... immediately to restart the process of bsoding and restarting and the only thing that has control of the hard drive before an os loads is the bios... which is why i thought it was bios related...

I can email my teacher and ask if he would know what the problem is
that would be great if you could

but maybe the BIOS is the thing that is carved into your ROM. It might be that way, and then you can't.
are you suggesting that the problem lay with the disk?

yeah, run memtest 86, it free and very popular

if it were a memory issue would linux still boot?

*bump again* i did the test it passed 3 times no errors >.> i think we can role out ram being the problem... any other tests i can do?

maybe its like zhuinden said and its some sorta error with your hardware. It won't be the BIOS but the other hardware stuff may have gone bad without you noticing

well its not the memory i can roll that out

not the hard drive because every hard drive i have does it and their all proven to work fine

its not my video card because im running linux off the cd at 1680 x 1050 with no issues

its not the processor otherwise linux wouldn't run

its not my wireless card cause i get full bars all the way across the house.

the psu is fine cause well.... im posting.....

the cd drive is fine because im running linux off the cd right now to make this post....

thats all the hardware i got >.< other than the mobo its self which obviously works...

Ruler, were you using a Pirated Windows?

in all honesty yes but i have also attempted to use my brothers lagit copy of windows.... neither work....

Have you reset the CMOS yet?

Unplug you're computer from the wall, and the mobo from the PSU.

Take out the mobo battery and (if you're mobo has one) switch the CMOS Jumpers and count to 30.

Place the CMOS jumper back to it's original position, then place the batter back in and plug everything in and start your comp.

i've already reset the cmos many times any one have any other idea's

oh yea.... forgot to say this.... today i booted off the linux disk and it said my date and time was off (duh) anyways i set it and when i rebooted my computer i went to the bios and the date and time was set on there as well.... idk if it should do that... but yea thought it might help...

Your bios bootsectors are fucked, get a new mobo, or if you can reinstall the BIOS. Find out what mobo you have and google it and find out where to DL the bios version, most as far as I know, you just burn to a CD and pop it in.

ok guys new developments in the "case" so to speak

I put in a windows xp upgrade cd and repaired my boot sectors of my hard drives i completely raped grub and shoved it up gooners ass....

ANY WAYS afterwords i looked around my house and found an old windows xp restore disk for one of my computers i popped it in and it worked it installed xp successfully BUT when i go to boot it just restarts my computer..... its obviously booting off the hard drive now and its obviously trying to boot windows but it still just restarts..... any thoughts? speaking of which wormbeast did you email your professor about this "interesting" case? if so did she/he reply? if so what did she/he think about the situation and the method of repair.

WERE ALMOST THERE JUST A LITTLE MORE HELP xD

If you can get it to start in safe mode. it should give you a super long list of files it's loading as it's loading them, post which one it restarts/stops on then I can help a little more.

it gets to drivers/mup.sys ill boot again to see if it changes

Edit: Didn't change.... like i said its a fresh install of xp idk why its having driver errors... >.>

*Bump* i got everything working Thanks guys ill plus rep any one who helped me in my time of need ill probably plus rep you a few times :D

nice! glad too see that you got it fixed! :D.