Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

What do you think Ghoztcraft needs?

Actually, it's not. But complaining is not exactly the best thing you can do about it. When was the last time our AS Admins came online???

...it was going to be an ignorant question. Wanna know why? We had a few AS admins a while ago, however, you know what it says now?

Yes, that's right, we don't have a SINGLE AS ADMIN. No wonder it is dying.

Can I become the Leader of the AS? Pretty pretty please~? ^_^

I vote for Zhu as Admin and or AS Mod ^_^

Anyways he goes long down in GC history ^_^

I'm too nub about websites, SQL and stuff like that to be an Admin, in my opinion.

It's easy to learn mysql

;) I know what that is. I use it for Pservers. But that's different. Pre-written scripts, and tutorials. Hehe.

I think AS should be more active. It's so fun.

A not so SLOW AS FUCK server....

i agree with Xthar completely

Agreed.

I plan on removing the army system, it seems the community has grown tired of it. I say.. we either get rid of ghozt points or we turn it into something else. What if we gave the GP's some value.. what if we traded GP's for video games or rewards?

How about screw all plans and buy a new server ?? ;)

15i6ln8.png

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

I plan on removing the army system, it seems the community has grown tired of it. I say.. we either get rid of ghozt points or we turn it into something else. What if we gave the GP's some value.. what if we traded GP's for video games or rewards?

I disagree, I worked hard on the army system to get my rank =(.

The only reason why the community got bored of it is because you borked it up when you borked up the Arcade GP Gain AND the Bank System, and all of the AS Admins asked "what should I do" but in the end didn't do shit.

The AS is dead because of you, and because you didn't set it back to the way it is meant to be. You said you would. Even the Market is being glitchy, it said last time I checked that there are infinite items for 0 GP which was untrue. Maybe if the AS was actually MAINTAINED and everything that can be done through the market for fun wouldn't be limited to non-VIP members (which there are about 1-2 active, changing other titles/avatars/signatures (which was removed)) then MAYBE it wouldn't be boring.

Really, I played it more than you, I believe I know about this stuff more than you. It could be revived.

Also, I agree on the not so slow server, it was dead today for a few hours.

GRRRR. For some reason GC has started to become UNBEARBLY slow this past week. IDK why. But it's annoying.

indeed i have talked to ghozt about this and this is what i got.

XGhozt89 said:

rx: 59.59 kB/s 204 p/s tx: 325.63 kB/s 311 p/s

XGhozt89 said:

That's how much data the server is transfering right now

Matt said:

hmmmm

XGhozt89 said:

max 59.59 kB/s | 325.63 kB/s

XGhozt89 said:

That was just in 10 seconds

XGhozt89 said:

Let's see.. we've got.. uhh. *loading*

XGhozt89 said:

260 active connections

so from what i understand were maxed out....

Like the community is TOO active or something?

Guys, I know about the slowness and downtime and I'm working to fix it. And, if everyone wants me to revive the Army System, and I can do that too. The AS Admin's didn't do anything because there was only like 10 people actually playing the game.

So.. what do we want done with the Army System, let's make a list?

1. Do we want the Arcade to give points even though the games are easily exploitable?

2. Do we want the bank back online?

3. What should or shouldn't the VIP Members get in regards to the AS?

4. Should the Market have items which allow manipulation to others Avatars, Signautres?

5. Should we put an effort into re-creating the races and balancing them out?

6. Add your own comments.

1-No. A lot of people are good at those, but then a lot more suck. Like me. :]

2- IDK. Never seen it.

3- I think the VIP should get like special races or w/e. Or maybe like more items at armory.

4- Uhmmmmm... <<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Like my avatar? We already have that...

5- Of course. Upgrades are always good.

6- How about getting some new mods/admins.

i don't play the as... but i do know we need the bank back asap... that was the core of the AS ..... i say the current staff is fine we need to work on server speed and getting more new active members and no we are not being DOS'ed we have DOS protection.

Edit: Another thing we need is for you to be more active ghozt i mean i know your busy and stuff but damn..... the admin cant just leave a site for prolonged periods of time and come back and expect the community to be flourishing ...

i don't play the as... but i do know we need the bank back asap... that was the core of the AS ..... i say the current staff is fine we need to work on server speed and getting more new active members and no we are not being DOS'ed we have DOS protection.

Edit: Another thing we need is for you to be more active ghozt i mean i know your busy and stuff but damn..... the admin cant just leave a site for prolonged periods of time and come back and expect the community to be flourishing ...

Alright, so the bank back for sure then. Also, I just tweaked the server settings, should be a little faster now. After I upgraded the server to 4 gigs of ram I never optimized MySQL to really take advantage of that... Until now.

Yeah, I know.. But I'm 19 now.. it's harder for me to find the time I used to have. This is why I need help from the community and staff. I'm taking the time right now to make up for lost time. I still don't know what to do with the Tournament.. I had to move and that took time away from it, and then my internet wasn't fast enough at my location. Then SC got patched ..twice, and now I think people have lost interest. While I'd like to continue it, I think we would have to start over... Maybe we should take this to an advantage, and do it the right way this time, it just seemed like everyone was complaining before.

Alright, so the bank back for sure then. Also, I just tweaked the server settings, should be a little faster now. After I upgraded the server to 4 gigs of ram I never optimized MySQL to really take advantage of that... Until now.

Yeah, I know.. But I'm 19 now.. it's harder for me to find the time I used to have. This is why I need help from the community and staff. I'm taking the time right now to make up for lost time. I still don't know what to do with the Tournament.. I had to move and that took time away from it, and then my internet wasn't fast enough at my location. Then SC got patched ..twice, and now I think people have lost interest. While I'd like to continue it, I think we would have to start over... Maybe we should take this to an advantage, and do it the right way this time, it just seemed like everyone was complaining before.

Bringing the SC Tournament back would be nice, i personally feel that we let a lot of people down with that.... hopefully if we retry this time we will do a much better job at organizing an d going threw the stages better than we did last time.

BUT most of the issues with Ghoztcraft is that

One: the root admin isn't as active as the members think he should be i know you have a life and all so ill go on to the next thing.

Two: We really need to find a way to boost the speed of the server it took me 2 minutes to load the portal.... im sorry but thats.... well... thats horrible...

Three: We need more new active members.

Four: The staff needs to be redone again. (i personally don't agree with this the staff is fine in my opinion [perhaps take a poll on the staff redo?])

Five: We need hack coders that are just for Ghoztcraft (this will help with three) Because when Starcraft 2 comes out its going to be a race to see who can A) Get the hacks out the fastest B)Make the best hacks C) Make the most undetectable hacks. Without coders we will be so far behind in the race there will be no way to make up for it in the long run.

... we also need to update the Ghoztcraft hack that could also help get new members and get them active

XGhozt if u let me be DL manager i can re-organize and clean up all the downloads especially the VIP downloads and other downloads as well. I can add some new downloads too. Even though I dont have alot of posts i am very active and usually get on 2-3 times a day and I would really appreciate if I can help this site in any way I can. Let me know what u think about this.

XGhozt if u let me be DL manager i can re-organize and clean up all the downloads especially the VIP downloads and other downloads as well. I can add some new downloads too. Even though I dont have alot of posts i am very active and usually get on 2-3 times a day and I would really appreciate if I can help this site in any way I can. Let me know what u think about this.

Message me on AIM or something and explain all your ideas to me. :sweat:

CHRISTMAS THEME ON Ghoztcraft!!!!!!!