Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Windows 7 Beta!

i finally got my hands on the windows 7 beta, and yes it is the version microsoft recently released. I have 2 pictures for you guys (as of right now)

39456391lo6.png

As you can see in that one they redid paint so now it goes with Microsoft office 2007 ^_^ and take a look at how they redid the window configuration no more annoying tabs now you have pictures so it looks a lot better! (Note: when talking on msn messengers the windows turn yellow to alert you that you have a new message)

(there's a lot of stuff going on in this next one

1325pm1.png

First off obviously they have so far kept the gadgets (on the right side) that made vista somewhat, what it is. Now for the Computer scoring Obviously as showed in the picture the score stops at 7.9 (although i cant remember what vista currently stops at [i think it stops at 10.0]) my computer scores kinda low mainly because i could use 4 more gigs of ram and 2 more processors and a 1 gig video card but meh. Now, icon hiding i like how they did this one because to me the little arrow sliding to the left wasn't that great... lol. Now as you can see the arrow points up and opens a small window when pressed which displays all your hidden icons and yes you can right click on the hidden icon to display its options.

Now heres the issue i have with windows 7 it takes a whole minute and 30 seconds to start up :black eye: BUT thats expected from a beta! Also i have only run into one issue in the OS itself that issue is Utorrent is not compatible and shortly after starting the program (5 minutes or so) my computer will slow down so much my music that is playing will be in slow-mo for a few seconds then my computer locks up completely BUT as i said thats the only issue

They also changed the windows logo and it looks really cool now... lol

Here's a link to the windows 7 download it is available in 32 and 64 bit! Click here!

Note: You are downloading an ISO so you need a DVD and NO YOU CAN NOT UPGRADE YOUR SYSTEM you must either have a different hard drive, another computer or a 20 gig partition (although i would suggest 40)

Also if your having issues with the downloading not working after you register (you press the button and nothing happens....) simply pop open firefox and go to view page source and look for the link (i had to do this) insert the link into your address bar hit enter accept the java warnings and it will start a downloader in your browser

They did a test, Windows 7 actually boots faster than Vista... lol

o.o my vista took like 10 seconds to load..... that took 1:30.... lol maybe they have super computers or something....?(jking) lol

BTW

PC Specs:

Dual core 2.7 (oced to 3.0 ghz) CPU

4 Gigs Kingston Hyper-X R.A.M

512 MB Sapphire 2600XT

So how much less/more crappy is it than vista... Will we have to stop downgrading to XP yet?

From my experience i think it is less crappy than Vista. For a beta I find it is extremely stable with the exception of Utorrent.

Oh yay. How about specs?

What do you recommend are mins for Windows 7 from what you can tell?

Not like absolute, but smooth running, like Vista said it needed 1 GB ram, but it was more like 2 GB if you wanted to do anything....

Vista had a minimum of 512 mb but having that you would only be able to load the OS

7 You need 1 gig minimum i would recommend 2 gigs or so maybe 2.5 for a good smooth run

At least a 256 mb gfx card with direct x9 (minimum is 128 with dx9 but honestly i don't think that will cut it)because the visual effects are somewhat hard.... but by the time windows 7 hits stores most computers will have a 512mb default card so that won't matter.... 512 mb gfx card with direct X 10.1 will run it without any issues (Haven't tried gaming yet though)

Processor wise ANY dual core will work

a single core your looking at about 1.8 for it to run semi smooth i would suggest something like 2.1 or so.... (1.0 GHZ minimum)

I wont be using this until Vista is officially discontinued.

I won't be using that until i get a new computer... ^_^

I hope it's less disappointing than Vista...

well me hating vista i can say that i like it and i really hope people will have the same view as me on this os because this one is orgasmic...

Running the beta on my laptop atm, and it's looking pretty good. Still has some of the sounds and feel of vista, but it's definitely a step in the right direction.