Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Server is busy

Well, my lag issues that i have had are gone, site loads fine now.. but...

u3ij5b6hthertb3w489xv3.png

I get that like 7/10 times coming here

yeah, i'm not sure what that is. Maybe people are attempting to upload large files?

I decided that it was better to do that than to have the entire site go offline for a while. That nice little feature does a good job of keeping the server from overloading on occasion.

Witch means, Stop trying the site still is having problems. Come back later. Ghozt when is the lag gonna be fixed. It really is a pain in the ass to access the site.

witch???

Anyways I agree, this is horribly annoying. What the heck is going on, you didn't have this shit 3 years ago.

I get it every 30 minutes or so.

@Cripp... there really isn't lag anymore.. but at this point i'd rather have it... at least i can get in the site that way.

Another site hosted on the same server is getting hit with a dos attack. It's not "lag" and it's not a matter of fixing it. It's a matter of keeping that site online and preventing the server from going offline. Every once and a while it slips through our firewalls and causes a high load on the server. Once that load get's to a certain point.. Ghoztcraft locks out people for a few moments until the load goes back down.

If we don't lock down the busy sites during this, than the load doesn't go down, it get's worse. And if it get's too worse before myself or an admin get's to it. We then have so much time down time and such a high server load that I then start to financially take a hit, to which case, I sometimes need to reboot the server.

Now, we're of course making an effort to stop this, but they haven't stopped attacking us.. and trust me, it's much more annoying for me, than it is for you.

less QQ moar pew pew

I think someone needs to upgrade to a better server. :P

It boggles my mind it shouldn't matter what sever is running the sites. If one is getting attacked it should not affect the other sites running on it. Vice versa too!

I agree with zar time for a sever upgrade.

Yeh i just joined and im like... Hmmm is this site messed or is it my Browser >.>

Yeah we are somewhat dying at the moment but it will stop (hopefully) after a while.

Yeah hopefully it gets better :P

When I clicked this topic I got the board message ><

I haven't received that message in ages, and the lag is mostly gone.

Only thing left is to clean up the forums a bit (as far as I know), which is my job that I am currently procrastinating. :P

We are on a high end server and we don't need to upgrade. I swear to god.. I'm -reping the next person that says that shit. And we're not dying, look how many people are on the fucking online list.

I'm working on getting the other site online, but every time I turn on the site it causes the server to freak out. So.. just bare with me in the meantime.

Which means im drunka nd you can go kiss the server for while while ghozt fixes it cuz he is pro at that shit. k good bye kiss kiss. I dont give a shit i notice dit and was like wtf k? but its workin and gozt said it was working now and it is so wtf ever i dont care it works right?? k so you guys can stop bitching about shit that didnt work for an hour or something. you guys are additcts to this site but that so okay because addicts are what keep getten it running.

k so Suteki's advice is $2 wine from trader joes will FUCK YOU UP! You drink 1 bottle yourself no sharing and you will be FUCKEN GOOD TO GO! I'm not fucken kidding im being hoenst so fucken get $2 wine from trader joes, drink it and fucken enjoy your ride. You will thank me with rep later. k byel!

HAHA go SUTEKI!!

+rep

That post remind me of me.... lol...

Xthar it seems Suteki took your place, we don't need you anymore. :P

Impossible