Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Three Months

A number of additional accounts and CD keys have been tied to the use of a hack or cheat program while playing StarCraft or Warcraft III on Battle.net. In keeping with our aggressive stance against cheating, we have permanently closed 200,000 StarCraft accounts and 7,000 Warcraft III accounts. We have documented all of the CD keys that were used with these accounts. 4,000 of the Warcraft III CD keys used with the now-closed accounts have been banned from ladder play for one month and 300 more have been banned from ladder play permanently. Repeat offenders risk having their CD keys disabled, which will result in the permanent removal of their copies of StarCraft or Warcraft III from Battle.net.

Hey, I just wanted to remind anyone who got their account(s) closed on November 11, 2008 that you can now (or very soon) remake the account.

Or, alternatively, you can take your friends' old accounts and hold them at ransom. :devil:

And thus I complete my ritual of creating one post per year.

lol my account got closed

200,000 Starcraft accounts closed? That's ridiculous. I don't see why they are practically driving gamers away from their game..

Because they don't get enough money from the advertisment in the lobby. They know everyone is hacking, and they know people need Download Status to exist. It's kinda gay that they check for people based on DL Status, really.

Blizzard needs to view the opinions of the regular customers, not the fucking suck ups on the forums.