Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Internet Explorer 8 Final Available Now

Internet Explorer 8 Final Available Now

Today we’re excited to release the final build of Internet Explorer 8 in 25 languages. IE8 makes what real people do on the web every day faster, easier, and safer. Anyone running Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Windows Server can get 32- and 64-bit versions now from http://www.microsoft.com/ie8. (Windows 7 users will receive an updated IE8 as part of the next Windows 7 milestone.)

We’ve blogged a lot here about what’s in IE8. Stepping back from individual features, Internet Explorer is focused on how real people use the Web. We designed the product experience based on real-world data from tens of millions of user sessions. We worked closely with developers and standards groups to deliver a far better platform for the people who build the web. We cooperated closely with the security community to address the real threats that users face on the web, and keep users in control of their browsing and information. The resulting product takes a “batteries included,” just works out of the box approach to delivering the next browser for how hundreds of millions of people really use the web. We think it will surprise people who haven’t looked closely at IE in a while. Perhaps it’s time to re-think conventional wisdom about IE.

Source(s): http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2009/03/1...ilable-now.aspx

well ima stick with mah Chrome

begin firefox fanboy flames

EWWW FIREFOX>Internet. Although I kinda SCREWED my firefox over.

Edit: Oh now there are add-ons.

Edit: Oh now there are add-ons.

Yet another thing they've stolen from other browsers -.-

They are both the same eventually.

I still think firefox is safer :P .

I still think firefox is safer laugh.gif .

Ditto, especially once you add noscript

IE or NoScript? 457,470 people download NoScript per week...

Ah, ok. Well, a lot of people use IE too actually, cuz Microsoft ships all it's windows versions with it :/ (Except in the UK)

Clear Some things up IE 5 had Plugins long before FF was released, don't forgot Firefox isn't that good once you learn how to use a PC.

And a recent court ruling in the UK has made it so that all future version of Windows will ship WITH OUT a IE. Good luck downloading a browser without a browser XD smart British..