Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Was almost in a small accident today

2009-04-21_2316.png

So, I was on my way home from college, and it's like 6:15pm (earlier today). Their was an Ambulance driving in apparently the same direction. Which was odd, because in this area you don't generally see them driving around without their lights on. So, I was just thinking about how it would be ironic for something to happen and have the ambulance already there.

There's a section of highway on my way home that does some really large turns downhill, under an overpass, and then back up hill over another overpass. And everyone always drives 50-60 around this bend. And right under the over pass, for some reason everyone always drive 20-30. Mind you, this is during peak commute hour. On a good day with no traffic you could hit this turn at 80 no problem.

So anyway, the ambulance is 2-3 cars back now, and I see the traffic, as usual and I just let my car cost down hill around the corner slowing down as we all group up under the usual overpass. But then out of no where I see this car (of an older model) fly by me down this hill. But he's in the other lane (to my left) where as I'm on the far right lane for the exit after doing under this overpass.

And just as I join the rest of the cars in this slow downhill turn, this other car that flew past me is slamming on his breaks, and tries to desperately avoid hitting any cars in front of him. Unfortunately, by the time he'd slowed down and my traveling at 15mph had caught up to him.. he smashed into the guy in front of him. And this was right next to my car. So, I was passing the accident and had to avoid fly debris as both cars involved in the accident were pushed all over the road.

But then, the ambulance that was on the same path I was heading, pulls over next to the accident vehicles to help. And all of the traffic behind me comes to a complete stop. And luckily I was stuck in that, and my car wasn't hit by any of the debris. But when you're going 15-20mph and a car slams into another car literally 10 feet away from you it's really freaky. I had all my windows down so I hear and saw the whole thing.

I don't think anyone was hurt, it was just a fender bender, and he wasn't going very fast by the time he bit the other car (which wasn't moving at all). So, at most maybe some whiplash. Anyway, I just had to post, it was pretty freaky actually seeing it happen, and amusing that the ambulance was right behind us.

There have been hundreds of accidents like this at this same place, and I've passed maybe 10 in the last 2 months. That's the only reason I even know to slow down and really watch out at this turn and I keep having to wait in traffic and driving by all these cars on the side of the road.

:-/

Dude, that's crazy. :D

This one time i was driving down the highway and a car suddenly swerves, going basically 90 degrees to traffic and gets slammed in the side... i was driving behind and to the left, so i wasn't affected, but seeing that shit up close is intense. o____o

I was pretty freaked out for a good 10 Minuets.. I mean, I was in chill mode, just coasting home, had my music on.. windows down.. and then all of sudden "EEERRRCCHHH CACSSHHITINGG" :D

Just shows the importance of paying attention..

You get any loot though your windows?

You get any loot though your windows?

No, I was more worried about it hitting the side of my car, and/or popping a tire..

I ahte driving full of idiots pulling shit that's so risky.

lol I almost got in a wreck on my way to school.... I was driving and this guy was going 45 and the speed limit on the road was 70 mph so me and the guy in front of my pass him both one after another... as i went to get into the right lane again (this is a 2 way road one lane each way) the guy in front of me slows down really slow so I thought "oh well hes going to be an idiot so ill just pass him to.... no worries" well I pass him get over safely and by this point im doing 80 or so and the guy in front of me slams on his brakes and starts skidding luckily I have good breaks, good reaction time and was far enough behind to slow down enough not to hit his dumb ass (there was nothing in the road or anything the guy was just being an asshole and wanted me to hit him) oh well jokes on him cause he lost control and went into the ditch, it rained 2 days ago and is still very muddy in that area :D

Ruler, I would have pulled over and helped him.

Once my mum was looking at a pretty garden of this house and she didn't see the road ahead and when she did she slammed on the breaks and the dog flew forward into the window.

I saw a guy die in a motorcycle accident today. I'll post about it later.

Once my mum was looking at a pretty garden of this house and she didn't see the road ahead and when she did she slammed on the breaks and the dog flew forward into the window.

If the dog was okay, I would be laughing so hard!

I saw a guy die in a motorcycle accident today. I'll post about it later.

Are you serious dude? Post that shiz-nat.. :black eye:

thats why some ppl i know dont ride motorcycles

I pulled up to a two lane stop in the left lane and a truck wasn't going in the right lane so I was like wtf and I was about to go, and out of no where a kid was crossing the street, I almost hit her :S

Ruler, I would have pulled over and helped him.

Well its not like they were going fast >.> besides the fucker shouldn't have slammed on the brakes to attempt to get me to hit him. :ermm:

Besides had I stopped I would have punched the cock sucker in the face for attempting that fucking stunt

:blush2:

(im so nice)

my asian mom hits the curb almost everytime we're parking

speakin of motorcycles! ages ago i was stopped at a red light all calm and stuff. when i hear a bad ass engine hauling ass behind me! im all like wtf man! its a 3 car street and were all stopped! then i hear it getting closer and pass me up only to realize it was a motorcycle. well.. the reason it was going so fast was cuz it was getting chased by 5 to 8 cops! and right in front of me i saw another car hit it on the side! ouch. his leg was gone!

Sign in to follow this