Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Been a while since we had any website updates.

Well, I know it's a been a while since I really spent any time on Ghoztcraft, updating code and what not. But over the last few days I have been. If you've noticed the downtime, which I'm sure you all have.. That was me doing some maintenance on the server side, and making backups, etc..

So anyway, here's what I changed..

I fixed a bug in IE6 where the transparent png images were not displaying correctly. I've since updating the scripting and now it works flawlessly. Although, I still really don't recommend browsing the website using IE6. Upgrade to IE8, or use Firefox.

I've replaced a bunch of content with ajax, so now things load a little quicker. This is because the content is pulled AFTER the page is loaded and not during. Sometimes it can take time to pull information from the database, and so now it makes the query after the page is loaded. And most of the time, it's data that you don't really need to see. On the index page, the stats in the top right are now loaded with ajax. And on the forums portal, the server stats are also loaded with ajax.

I've re-arranged some of the forums, thanks to the feedback you guys provided. I've combine the spam board with the flame board, Combine the "Other" section(s) with "The Lounge". And I've updated various titles and subtitles of the forums. Any many other minor changes.

The other skins now also have scrolling signatures, per your request, of course. If I missed a skin or something doesn't look quite right then post on this topic and I'll correct it.

Well, that's it for now, Enjoy.

MastricX helped, told XGhozt things he should of known!

Thanks guys for getting the site updated. It really needed it. Some things have been a little smoother with loading and that helps a lot.

Oh yeah.. I also enabled mod_default for Ghoztcraft.net. It's an apache module that handles how the data is transferred between you and the server. So basically I just have it setup so all the data is compressed. Which should also help increase the speed.

Sexy :D

Hawt

var ajax_load_msg = "Loading Content..."; //lol

whats this:

// Uncomment this to fix IE png images

// causes page slowdown, and some missing images occasionally

// if ( is_ie )

// {

// ie_fix_png();

// }

Yippie for updates!

You still didn't change the Serious Discussion forum?

Pages load faster.

I'm happy.

Good Job!

Yeah, I told you (XGhozt) like three-four months ago that I was going to edit and clean up all of the forums. *cough*

Stupid X360..

I thought we were gonna make it Serious Discussions/Debates.

I thought we were gonna make it Serious Discussions/Debates.

I was being sarcastic since that's technically the same thing. :P