Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

I got some pretty bad computer problems

So here is whats happening, my computer's Mouse and Keyboard do not work on start up, or anything else plugged into the USB ports. All the lights seems fine upon actually starting the computer, but once I get into Windows, my lights go out leaving me hopeless. I cannot get into safe mode due to it being stuck on mup.sys, which probably means there is a corrupted system file. Also when I'm on my desktop it gives me a pop up message about something having to do with a registry file. I'm completely hopeless! I do not have the Windows XP cd and I need some files in this computer, they are very important files. :)

Sounds like you got the case of the CONFICKER VIRUS!

No waii..... Don't have to many similar symptoms to it.

Hmm Proslasher or Kenshyn usually know a lot about this stuff, have you tried any tech supports? Try looking up the Pop-Up message.

eh they helped me the most so I'm just guessing.

Try resetting your CMOS, it usually solves many weird computer quirks I run into. Sometimes it's what is known as the "easy" button O.O

If your computer has a virus poor chicken noodle soup into it.

^_^ wow you guys... your hopless....

I would say the Easyest thing you can do is simply reinstall the windows operating system and HOPE it works there are no garantee's unless you actually reformat but as you said you cant reformat because there are valueable files. etc. I would suggest that you buy or if you want to torrent a copy of Windows XP and a program called Power ISO, it will let you burn the ISO you downloaded to a cd so you can reinstall windows. Hope this works

Gloopie: Guys guys guys!!! My computer is mysteriously pinging a website like crazy! I have no idea what the hell is making it do this!!!!

. . . ?

Go buy another hard drive, save the files you need, reformat.

Theres another problem too, everytime I try to install a new Operating System into my computer, I get a BSOD. I've tried three different CDs already. Thanks for your guys help btw. I'm going to try to reset my CMOS, like Viper said. Wish me good luck. ^_^

Theres another problem too, everytime I try to install a new Operating System into my computer, I get a BSOD. I've tried three different CDs already. Thanks for your guys help btw.

You could have a virus or Windows could be corrupted. I have had the strange "USB" problem before but a simple restart did it for me.

I did reboot numerous times and I have also resetted my BIOS, still no luck.

OMFG I can't fix this!!!! No CDs work at all > : (

wat was the last thing u installed? and if ur just pinging a website maybe ur participating in a ddos attack btw do u have access to a desktop computer and do u have limewire installed or used to have limewire installed?

If I'm pinging a website? That was a couple months ago. O.O, until I stopped it. The last thing I installed? Diablo 2. ^_^ And I do not use limewire.

can u run a HJT scan and post it in the HJT team forums? ull find em if u look in the all forums section. or search 4 team forums if u cant find it ill post link

you say every time you install a windows os you the blue screen of death correct? Does it just flash or does it stay? if it flashes you have to change your windows settings by pressing F8 while your bios is showing, then look around for something regarding windows not shutting down from errors (this will make it so when you get the blue screen of death your computer won't just turn itself off.) now from here you will look at the screen code the blue screen of death will give you, and compare it to This and that will tell you what is causing your blue screen of death.

Hope this helps

It doesn't flash, it stays. And even though I know what the cause is, there is not much I can do to fix it, my computer is like a giant brick. Thanks for your help Ruler, appreciate a lot bro.

wats the cause?

No idea, but what I'm thinking about right now is to use a Live Windows XP CD add a utility to partition my drive (or splite my drive in two) so that I can install a new windows XP on that other half, and when I get in, I'll just move the files from the other half to the newer half, and thennn I'll delete the other half and merge it back to the newer half, so I can have one new drive. Well, thats my only other option so far unless people think otherwise, please say so. This method is a long and tedious process. :/

u could also mount the drive onto another computer and cp files like that