Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Quick Reply is now AJAX

I've got some super awesome news everyone, if you haven't already figured it out! When you reply to a topic using the quick reply feature, it's now ajax! Which means the page doesn't reload and all the dirty work is handled in the background. After some whoosh effects you'll see your post in action.

Go ahead and reply to this topic, and if you really want to abuse the new feature then feel free to spam on this testing topic I created (here)

Please also report any bugs or errors you find. This is the first version of this modification, so I don't expect it to be perfect. And you can thank all the VIP Members for paying for this modification. I used VIP Donations to get us some ajax posting action.

This should help with keeping the site lag free, and you'll certainly enjoy seeing your post without waiting for the entire page to reload.

I did most of the work. jaaayy kayyy lol, I helped a tad wif other stuffs though :D

Yes, thanks for testing things Aimcrack. :D

A skin disappeared? The weird looking one.

>:D For sure :)

A skin disappeared? The weird looking one.

We didn't need that one anyway, my failed attempt and a mobile skin. :suicide2:

ajaxxxx wooottt

goodwork :D

Best update since music-in-your-profile.

Makes you wanna post more doesn't it. :D

Testing 1 2 3

Nice upgrade!

Yes, been waiting for this.

I think it is awesome! Great job guys!

Here is a bug right here. Usually if you post a second reply right after your first when no one else has posted, it auto merges your posts. It doesn't do that anymore. And when you edit it goes straight to full editor.

Edited by Zar

I disabled the double post merging temporarily. I did this because it merged the posts, but then displayed the post twice. It didn't make the post twice, but it would be confusing for people, and possible mods. And we don't need mods accidentally deleting posts because they think it's a double.

It's okay, any mods who see double posts, feel free to use the merge post tool. But also, keep in mind that we allow double posting, just don't spam the forums.

So wait. If we allow it, don't merge them?

He's saying that if it's reasonable to merge them go ahead, but we don't have to merge them all because double posting is allowed.

Yeah I liked the auto merge.

But it is ok to double post then w/e. I still love this new feature it is freaking awesome!

We can all tell Zar.

Lol, plus rep. :haha:

+ rep for liking the new mod? :thumbsup: