Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Get paid if you are chosen.

My dad is opening a business. Can you do something with these logos?

Make it cool. I don't know. Use your imagination. If he likes your logo the best, I'll pay you 50 dollars through paypal and you will have something to add to a portfolio.

This needs to be able to go on a sign, and on to shirts.

Here are the ideas...

Idea 1

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/84275/Jing/2009-05-09_1914.png

Idea 2

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/84275/Jing/2009...09_1914_001.png

I don't know what you can do. But I'd like to see everyone who can photoshop try.

So we are making a logo with those ideas? why does one have a huge slash through it..

whats the business name..

what does it sell...

how big...

It's called chicken noodles

It's a catering service (food)

Make it big enough to be enlarged if needed.

Don't take offense to the watermarks, i put it on everything dealing with money.

Opinions?

cn2.png

cn1.png

cn3z.png

I'll have my dad look at it soon. Any one else?

What the hell. Why would you have an X through your business? Why cant you make one slasher? lol.... Since you have such a great family guy sig right now =P. Not! J/k. no really seriously NOT!

Only $50 for a business logo? What a rip off. Professional logos cost thousands to do, not to mention a percentage of each item that it is used with. So your dad is trying to save a few dollar by ripping off some kids on a site. Or did he ask you to make it and if you did then he will pay you?

Plus you can't just pull an image off of the internet because of copyright laws. Everything on it has to be original work. Original work costs money; a lot of money.

So Zander that image of the chick that you pulled off the internet, cannot be used for a business logo. They can get sued for using it due to copyright laws.

Only $50 for a business logo? What a rip off. Professional logos cost thousands to do, not to mention a percentage of each item that it is used with. So your dad is trying to save a few dollar by ripping off some kids on a site. Or did he ask you to make it and if you did then he will pay you?

Plus you can't just pull an image off of the internet because of copyright laws. Everything on it has to be original work. Original work costs money; a lot of money.

So Zander that image of the chick that you pulled off the internet, cannot be used for a business logo. They can get sued for using it due to copyright laws.

Well first off... that was not a professional logo.

second, the render i used was not copyrighted and the site hosting it stated specifically "free to use"

Third, i already sent the website owner an email, double checking if the specific image is ok.

I checked all my resources.

http://clipart.peirceinternet.com/info.html

Using the Clipart

All original illustrations are created using Adobe Illustrator and are available as vector format files which can be scaled up or down to fit your needs without loss of resolution. Great for print media! Available as WMF (Windows Metafile) and as PDF (Portable Document Format).

The same illustrations are also available as PNG (Portable Network Graphics) files with transparent backgrounds - best for your website!

Macint...

If you want to use the clipart on your web page, choose Bitmap.

All bitmap files are PNG files with transparent backgrounds and will work on ...

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

Last update: December 9, 2008

All original artwork is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.

Sorry but you have no idea what you are talking about Zander. The term professional is used when dealt with business logos. This is for a business logo, therefore it is considered professional. Which means you need to use your own work unless you have specified permission from the creator of the image.

I studied law for 3 years I think I know the law better than your little google search. When it comes to professional use it is under stricter standards and it varies with this law over different states and countries.

The link you provided says you can use it on websites and personal use. Any other use has to be specifically given permission from the artist.

Anyways the whole point of my last post was that $50 is nothing for a business logo. Don't take offense because I said your image cant be used. o.o

Anyways the whole point of my last post was that $50 is nothing for a business logo. Don't take offense because I said your image cant be used. O.O

and? The point being?? If you don't want to do it, don't fucking do it.. Shit.. He isn't forcing you to fucking do the damn thing. If you don't want to do it, then why even waste time arguing in the thread? just fucking stay out.. the end.

What exactly are you looking for?? You want us to use your 2 original pictures?

Anyways the whole point of my last post was that $50 is nothing for a business logo. Don't take offense because I said your image cant be used. o.o

and? The point being?? If you don't want to do it, don't fucking do it.. Shit.. He isn't forcing you to fucking do the damn thing. If you don't want to do it, then why even waste time arguing in the thread? just fucking stay out.. the end.

Oh wow you must be the cool retard of the site huh? :thumbsup:

Waste time? A person with your vast knowledge of the English language would see that I am proposing a higher amount of money you dim wit. putomic you are an idiot. You should probably think before you type. Then maybe we all might take you a little more seriously instead of thinking of you as complete dunce.

Sorry but you have no idea what you are talking about Zander. The term professional is used when dealt with business logos. This is for a business logo, therefore it is considered professional. Which means you need to use your own work unless you have specified permission from the creator of the image.

I studied law for 3 years I think I know the law better than your little google search. When it comes to professional use it is under stricter standards and it varies with this law over different states and countries.

The link you provided says you can use it on websites and personal use. Any other use has to be specifically given permission from the artist.

Anyways the whole point of my last post was that $50 is nothing for a business logo. Don't take offense because I said your image cant be used. O.O

the images are under "fair-use" policy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Logos

a quote from a website i used

Few Exceptions.

Company logos and trademarks can be used under "fair use" policy. More info here.

You may NOT use any component of our clipart or site content to produce what could be directly or indirectly considered a competitive venture against us.

It's not necessary to provide a link back to this site, but it would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.freeclipartnow.com/termsofuse.php

and as i said before, it is not professionally done... therefore i will not try to squeeze out some more money. especially because i'm not considering this "business" but more of a favor for pro.

Zander Zander, you still don't understand what you are talking about. "Fair-use policy" only covers the use of trademarks on the internet or other form of artistic media. It has nothing to do with company logos, which proslasher's father wants.

Not to mention the terms of use had a disclaimer at the bottom that said,

Some of the clipart images in this archive were not created by FreeClipartNow.com. FreeClipartNow.com does not take claim of ownership to any of the clipart images in this archive and any use of them is at your own risk.

which means they can not provide legal coverage for all the images on the site. That right there is a red sign for a copyright problem. Your image should not be used due to copyright issues because "you Zander" do not own the copyright to the image.

This is plain and simple Zander. Do you own the copyright to your image? No. Can proslasher's father copyright the image you gave him to use it as a company logo and put it on t-shirts and a sign? No, unless he gets legal and written consent from the copyright owner.

So like I said, proslasher's father can not use your image for his business.

What you say Plutomic is true but..

Oh wow you must be the cool retard of the site huh? :thumbsup:

Waste time? A person with your vast knowledge of the English language would see that I am proposing a higher amount of money you dim wit. putomic you are an idiot. You should probably think before you type. Then maybe we all might take you a little more seriously instead of thinking of you as complete dunce.

Winkey does have a point. But on top of that, Winkey, if you've known Plutomic for as long as most other people here have then you wouldn't have taken the time to say anything to what he said, it's funny at times. And he's just trying to be brutally honest. And about anyone taking him serious, we do when he needs us too, but more often than not he has some funny stuff going on.

But back on topic, I'll mess around with some stuff regarding the logos when I get home from the gym tonight, right now I'm getting food, I'm mucho hungry :)

Thanks Aimcrack & Zander.

@Winky, stop trying to start flame wars/fights. I didn't make the logo myself because I don't have time, and I"m not that creative.

Yeah, or build an idea off of it... Not really any constrictions just depends if my dad likes it.

@Winky, stop trying to start flame wars/fights. I didn't make the logo myself because I don't have time, and I"m not that creative.

I wasn't trying to fight. Hey don't blame me for other people's incompetence, geez. :ermm:

I wasn't trying to fight. Hey don't blame me for other people's incompetence, geez. :ermm:

He's been banned from this thread.

I like your new sig Proslasher. But I think if you make a design for a restaurant that the logo or design should be centered. This makes the vocal point much quicker and occasionally looks better.

Yeah my dad i think said the same.

Oh, and thanks... Zar made it though :D

just an idea, a chick in the bowl. Have the chick yellow and the bowl blue (neon sign colors). Yellow and blue can be told apart and a neon yellow is still see-able. Then have the word Chicken curved around the top of the the design, and Noodle curved on the bottom. you wouldn't need photoshop skill for that.

But for a design to put on merchandise or whatever you want should be a higher design like Zanders or yours in my opinion.

if anything put the chick in the bowl like the first one you showed

The final product is looking quite nice, and it is centered :P

Cool! I am in va beach so I haven't seen it O.O

Winkey brings up some good points but I am not stingy.

I will work on a few. I will make them worth $50. :P