Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Reassuring the Ghoztcraft Community.

Hello everyone,

I wanted to post this because I've been reading a lot of controversial comments from people around this website and others on the net. I just think some things need to be clarified, as any good administrator would do.

Let me start by saying, we would never purposely redistribute, create, influence or support the distribution of trojans, viruses, or otherwise malicious software on Ghoztcraft.net.

Myself and the staff here take great pride in our massive collection of downloads and our great community. But it's close to impossible for us to monitor or check every single post, download or upload. As of today, we get millions of hits per month, and we're close to having the files in our downloads downloaded half a million times. You can help us, by reporting any suspicious post, or download as soon as you see something that should be flagged. While we do make an effort to seek and destroy any malicious content, it's very close to impossible for us to catch each and every spec of dust.

Ghoztcraft makes any effort to represent the author of the download to the files in our downloads database. Without the authors, the downloads would not be possible. We have the up most respect for such authors and make efforts to maintain valid credibility.

If you see a file in the downloads to which the author is misrepresented, please report the file or contact myself or the staff here. We did not do it on purpose and would never obscure such information from our community or guests.

We make an effort to keep the private information we collect from you, a secret and secure. This includes, but is not limited to, your password to your Ghoztcraft account, your email address, your birthday, and your IP Address. This private information will never be shared and has never been shared with anyone outside of the Ghoztcraft Administration. Not even our moderators (non-admin) can view your IP addresses or said information.

----

Thank you for reading, I hope to maintain the trust in our community and guests. I hope to continue to tribute and maintain the downloads database here, as do the staff. And hopefully the community or guests can help make this a better place, the best place we can be. We can and have achieved greatness as a whole, but that's only thanks to the people here, and their voice.

Thank you.

Ghoztcraft Administration.

We used to be able to see the IPs so I'm slightly sad :o But yeah. I trust you!

I see what you mean. I trust everyone mod here.

I will take that into consideration. Maybe have a link on every download to display the scan results. Will take some hard editing to get it all integrated and updated.

Hello everyone,

I wanted to post this because I've been reading a lot of controversial comments from people around this website and others on the net. I just think some things need to be clarified, as any good administrator would do.

Let me start by saying, we would never purposely redistribute, create, influence or support the distribution of trojans, viruses, or otherwise malicious software on Ghoztcraft.net.

Myself and the staff here take great pride in our massive collection of downloads and our great community. But it's close to impossible for us to monitor or check every single post, download or upload. As of today, we get millions of hits per month, and we're close to having the files in our downloads downloaded half a million times. You can help us, by reporting any suspicious post, or download as soon as you see something that should be flagged. While we do make an effort to seek and destroy any malicious content, it's very close to impossible for us to catch each and every spec of dust.

Ghoztcraft makes any effort to represent the author of the download to the files in our downloads database. Without the authors, the downloads would not be possible. We have the up most respect for such authors and make efforts to maintain valid credibility.

If you see a file in the downloads to which the author is misrepresented, please report the file or contact myself or the staff here. We did not do it on purpose and would never obscure such information from our community or guests.

We make an effort to keep the private information we collect from you, a secret and secure. This includes, but is not limited to, your password to your Ghoztcraft account, your email address, your birthday, and your IP Address. This private information will never be shared and has never been shared with anyone outside of the Ghoztcraft Administration. Not even our moderators (non-admin) can view your IP addresses or said information.

----

Thank you for reading, I hope to maintain the trust in our community and guests. I hope to continue to tribute and maintain the downloads database here, as do the staff. And hopefully the community or guests can help make this a better place, the best place we can be. We can and have achieved greatness as a whole, but that's only thanks to the people here, and their voice.

Thank you.

Ghoztcraft Administration.

I see the typo you made there =). Because my IP has been shared before.

Technically your birthday isn't confidential, but theres an option for that i think. right?

I scan every download before I approve it o.0

I dont down load a lot of stuff. But i must say the down load mangers have sucked lately but thats why they are not moderators anymore :thumbsup:. Yes there is nothing to be worried about everything someone must approve the down load before the community sees.

I see what you mean. I trust everyone mod here.

...Honestly?

Don't quote yourself man...

That's what i call spam... >_>

Your IP has not been shared.. We've collaborated with other web masters to block spam accounts. But this information is kept confidential.

I've never had any problems with privacy or viruses here.

I've never had any problems with privacy or viruses here.

Same here, I've always trusted the downloads I have gotten from Ghoztcraft.

agreed

Nuker speeks!

Yeah I haven't had any issues, but the disclaimer makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I scan every download before I approve it o.0

I run every download before I approve it. In addition to that I use sysinternal's net tool to make sure there are no open connections or any extra/mysterious files.

I use VPC to test things. ;)

I tell one of my friend to download it before I do ^^

I don't know how amny viruses I avoided by doing that.

No like 3 or so.

"...Protect or not you'll catch something eventually"

Exactly + 1 cookie for you.