Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Trying to play with a friend thru ISP

Hello,

I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to anything like this, so I'd appreciate any help you can give me. I'm using a pirated copy of d2 because i couldn't find my copy of it. Anyway, so I have everything set up and I'm trying to play with a friend through hosting icp (not on battlenet.) He has a real copy and I have a pirated copy. However, when we try to connect, we can't. Any ideas on why this could be happening? All it says is "cannot connect." We've tried going both ways.

Thanks!

Both ways eh?

Anyway. It won't work due to the fact you have a pirated copy. End of story. Diablo two has protection (which is a good thing) to prevent piracy. I'd recommend going to by the game again.

Topic Closed.

Edit: If you have any further questions, use the send message button and I will reply ASAP.

Thanks!

Why do you have to close a topic that is open to discussion? You can play D2 with a pirated copy. All you have to set up is an UDP or TCP connection and open up ports on both computers . . . not to mention private servers . . . Slasher you shouldn't close topics you know nothing about. :ermm:

There is no reason to close the topic. There are ways of getting around this issue. o.0 Why don't you let the more experienced members at this site help this person out!

Here are the UDP and TCP ports for Diablo 2

(all of which have to be forwarded and open on both computers)

TCP Ports

6112-6119,4000

UDP Ports

6112-6119

Open those ports and if that doesn't work then you need to download a Socksifying Agent like SocksCap, Proxifier or Hummingbird.

I hope this helps and gets you started. Someone please open this thread.

I say let there be boobies!