Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Imageshack Hacked

ImageShack Hacked by Anti-sec Movement

ImageShack (ImageShack), one of the web’s largest image hosts, was attacked tonight by a movement called “Anti-Sec”. The result of the attack has been to replace all ImageShack hosted images with a manifesto for the movement (below).

The Imageshack hack saw all images hosted on the service replaced by an image that detailed Anti-Sec’s manifesto. The group also distributed a copy of their manifesto to Imageshack’s users via the same email facility used to update Imageshack users with site updates and news.

Anti-Sec is calling on the security industry to stop the practice of full disclosure, the practice of publicly making available exploits and security vulnerabilities. According to the group, full disclosure is a scam that helps security companies sell software such as firewalls and anti-virus tools as the published exploits can and are used by script kiddies; that is the companies are purposely empowering those doing the wrong thing so as to create more fear and exploits as part of driving business for services that offer protection against these things.

There’s no official word from ImageShack yet as to when the service may return to normal, although at the time of writing parts of the site would appear to be working. Anti-Sec suggests in their manifesto that images on ImageShack have not been deleted.

imageshackhack.gif

Finally, some good white hat hackers.

Never thought there would be someone hacking on the 'good' side.

It could be good though. Hopefully they get some kind of positive response.

Never thought there would be someone hacking on the 'good' side.

It could be good though. Hopefully they get some kind of positive response.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_hat

Well, those are mostly used by companies or the government. I doubt any company would launch an attack on a website without permission and I don't think imageshack would be too happy to let someone basically render their services moot for a time D=

Though, being a Whitehat Hacker sounds fun, wish I could do it.

Well none of my images were affected so :D

does it only effect the images on their site? or embeds too

I don't know, to be safe I would still change your passwords, etc..

White usually means pure, and since it's a clothing accessory it shows them being a good person.

yeah change your password

I see their "movement" not making much of any real impact.

Well one of the images in my siggy was effected but it just stopped appearing lol so its all good i guess