Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Router help

Does anybody know a good company for buying routers?

Actually. . . I found a good one.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16833150015

Tell me what you think. And give me some of your favorites. Price range around. . . 50-60. 70 if it's an AMAZING router.

And I need it to work with Cox High Speed Internet.

I had verizon fios but when we moved we found out that verizon fios isn't in the area.

Linksys has always been #1 no matter what product I have purchased from them. As for that terrible netgear router that lasted for about 3 weeks for me. Best of luck.

Edit: Dlink is very good too.

Edited by Seventr1x

Anything by Cisco or Linksys (which is owned by Cisco) should be fine. Check the reviews on Newegg.

I use a Linksys router. Never gave me any problems, and was easy to forward ports too :D

What do you think about the link? The reviews were all pretty good, and I like how it looks too.

Why? Have you used it? It got fairly good reviews.

Yup I had one. I have owned a pretty vast number of routers, 5 or more linksys, 2 netgears, some D-Link, and other off brands. Linksys takes the cake.

My sister had a Netgear router somewhat similar to that (not exact however) and she had an ass of a time with it off and on. She got a different Netgear one, and still does.

Linksys are the first to come to mind (obviously) and I think 2Wire are pretty decent as well.

We've switched over to the AT&T U-Verse.

Linksys hasn't given many problems, I think i've been using this router for 9 years.

I know its a little late to post this but ill do it for anyone looking for a good router.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16833124190

Its a really good router as you can see (as of this date) it has won the customer choice award 25 times.

Hmmmm yeah I was thinking of getting that too but my dad was like 80$ is too expensive.

I've got a Linksys WRT54GL, L means it supports Linux :D. and i loaded it with DD-WRT Awsome Sauce.

I have Linksys WRT54G ....no L for me lol

Okay in a lot of reviews they were talking about (third-party) firmware or something. What's a good firmware?

Bleh. Not possible. TT_TT

Anything else?

If you can't do it with DD-WRT your gonna needa google your router model and custom firmware and see what pop up