Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Things to Consider for the next SCHT?

There's no need for anyone else to be in the game, it will be live broadcasting right on the website.

But isn't that like horrible quality? And is there gonna be a chatbox on the site?

But isn't that like horrible quality? And is there gonna be a chatbox on the site?

Nope, it's good quality, and yes there will be.

I'd be glad to broadcast anything i'm in over Xfire broadcast, which has very nice quality. I'd also probably be recording these, along with any commentary that we may have in a vent server or over Skype.

Ehhh but I don't have Xfire. or Skype.

Ehhh but I don't have Xfire. or Skype.

I'm going to have it setup so all you need to do to be able to stay tuned in is your web browser. I even have a Skype Phone number we can setup for you to call and be on the radio during the tournament. We'll have the broadcast in both video and audio, with a chat room and audio conferencing during each match.

Mannn now I REALLY want a mic.

Are you going to archive the video for download later? :DDDD

Or i can take videos and upload...

Hey XGhozt, can you show me how you're doing all this crazy stuff? I can't figure out how to transmit and save in-game audio, etcetc. :o would be much appreciated.

this sounds like it's going to be a blast.

Ghozt your should put the live video stream on GHU embed it into the front page and or forums as well as the US Hack site.

Also if we use GHU we can use the GHU Shoutbox for people who don't have microphones to use skype, vent etc.

I thought there was an SCHT website that was always "Under Construction"

Or maybe that was another of Ghozt's websites. US Hack.

yea US Hack has a site but i was thinking putting it on GHU since its already got a shoutbox and streaming capabilities.

I'm in the middle of working on USHack.net, and it will be done and ready to go before the tournament starts.

Yay! After like a year or something, the Under Construction will come down.

lol i wonder how many hits that site has had so far... lol

What if we have a a week or so where people can submit maps and we vote, and the top 3 maps voted on the most get to be in a selection where the two players in the round can pick one of those three maps?

that sounds ok but i still think we should just use a default map that is modded to allow spectators

I think making a map for this reason would be fun :)

EDIT: Added comments and opinions.

1. Absolutely no one liked the idea of playing on a map we created, and everyone that lost, called it outright unfair. Do we allow players to pick their own map? Do we craft a new one? Ideas?

We can have an option for people to choose between regular Starcraft maps, or custom made maps with special qualities and features. I can think of several concepts and ideas that would make interesting use of hacks and their features a key part of the games.

2. When we came up with the idea, the map allowed us to play a three round game, without re-hosting each match. Is this realistic? Should we be playing on rounds, or should each player play once, and move to the next game in the tournament? The idea was to have a longer lasting tournament.

This could also be an option for players. They could choose between a three-round match, or a single elimination round. And if the competitors for that map can't decide, we can have a public poll for the other contestants to choose for them.

3. We allowed spectators in the game, and staff from Ghoztcraft to help out or spectate. People said that in turn those would not be allowed to participate. Should we not allow spectators, as to potential cheating?

I don't see why spectators shouldn't be allowed in the game, it'll help prevent competitors from fixing tournaments. I do support the idea that spectators shouldn't be allowed to participate int he tournament because they would be observing potential strategies they could adapt for themselves in a future match. However it would be interesting to see matches held by spectators by themselves as well.

4. What benefits should VIP Members get? We allowed them to play first, is this fair?

I don't think your account status on the website should really affect how the tournament is run. Every competitor is a competitor and no special treatment should be given aside from starting line ups.

5. In the map, all units where fully upgraded. Was this a bad idea?

This does not let players experience Starcraft's full gaming experience. Sure, there are auto-upgrade features in hacks. However it is your choice of when and how you'll use them. And if need be, we can always create a special hack for custom map triggers allowing for greater control over trigger abilities. If I get off my lazy ass, I could finish a simple version of my Scenario Plugin to aid in giving this tournament a one of a kind feel.

Viper, are you talking about making a small mod for the game? I never thought about doing that, I suppose we could use a mod to reset the upgrades each round..

hmmm interesting... Hey do we still have that mod that changes the name of SC units into active members?

hmmm interesting... Hey do we still have that mod that changes the name of SC units into active members?

Yeah, and if it's not in the downloads, I still have it.

Some types of maps I also had in mind were maps that required the build anywhere hack to be used to even be able to build units on the map, um.... I'll think of more things soon.

The round thing is a good idea and units are already upgraded sucks remove it. I say make a fastest map I have a couple but make one and customize it with atleast 8 gas chambers and 1 mineral patch.

Sign in to follow this